FreePBX 2.9 Recordings Screen Blank

DougBehl

Reaction score
The recording's screen is blank Version 2.9.0.2.

No matter how I try to get there
http://10.0.0.98/menu.php?id=recordings or the Voicemail Recordings button the screen is blank.

I have looked at other threads but they are all for old versions.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Doug

DougBehl

Reaction score
Happened after upgrade to 2.9.0.2

This broke when I upgraded from the last 2.8.x to the 2.9.0.x version.

I had a VM implementation of the same system that was at 2.8. It was working.

So I upgraded it to 2.9.x and the Recording screens stopped as well.

Is there any way to go back level? :banghead:

I am still very new in PIAF and Linux so I am not sure where to start looking.

I did find an old thread that this same thing happened when upgrading from 2.5 to 2.6. I tried to apply the "fix" but the same file was not in the 2.9 system.

Doug

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
There's a reason (actually several) PIAF still ships with FreePBX 2.8. And it's not (just) because we're lazy. :eek:opsb:

You might want to post this on the FreePBX Forum and see what you can find out. If it gets resolved, please post an update here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DougBehl

Reaction score
Error in log

I have looked in FreepBX formum and found nothing,

I will post what I know.

This is in the error.log for HTTP if this helps anyone.

Code:
[Wed Aug 24 07:48:18 2011] [error] [client 10.0.0.68] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/index.php on line 264

Thanks.
Doug

DougBehl

Reaction score
Saw this when searching

I saw this thread before I posted mine.

I tried to follow the solution, but the files involved are not the same between version 2.5 and 2.9.

At least I could not see how to apply the "fix".

The error log is very different as well.

Thanks.

Doug

Reaction score
There is no menu.php or Voicemail Recording button in FreePBX, that is a PIAF thing.
There is Recording`s in FreePBX interface, is that what you mean?

Reaction score
This is the error that the user had:
Code:
2011-Aug-24 11:15:04    /var/www/html/admin/modules/googlevoice/functions.inc.php:29
[WARNING]: require_once(libraries/extensions.class.php) [[URL="freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/general-help/function.require-once"]function.require-once[/URL]]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
My advice: remove googlevoice or update to 0.1.1

DougBehl

Reaction score
That resolved things

Mikael,

Thank you.

That fixed things and GoogleVoice still works.

I owe you!! :smile5:

Doug

Reaction score
googlevoice module 0.0.9 contains code that break parts of FreePBX 2.9. To be able to use googlevoice in FreePBX 2.9 you must update the googlevoice module to version 0.1.1.

There are a few threads about it, just search for googlevoice

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
This is so frustrating! This is NOT a problem with freepbx 2.9. It is a problem with the third party module which was not developed by freepbx

I'm a little tired of the finger pointing towards freepbx when it is not always their fault

Thanks

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Andrew,
We all need to work through this together. You are correct. This isn't technically a FreePBX 2.9 problem. But it is a FreePBX 2.9-generated problem, and some of the developers of these third-party apps are no longer around. So what we really need from the FreePBX 2.9 Dev Team is a well-documented explanation of what has changed so that third party developers (and others) can fix their stuff. I see both sides but hundreds of thousands of end-users depend upon CallerID Superfecta, the Google Voice module, and EndPoint Manager just to name a few. So we can't leave everybody in the lurch each time a new version of FreePBX is released. The people that change the FreePBX code can either document what they've done or write a script that can be run to upgrade these third-party modules. But just kissing them all goodbye simply isn't going to work for most end-users. It's not a matter of blame. It's a matter of keeping your phone system functional. Simple as that.

See my post here for my rationale.

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Yes I agree. 100%. However the sad fact is that the googlevoice module is currently in Political limbo. Yes the FreePBX staff maintains it. But the original developer has left because of some sharp conflicts with FreePBX (and yes I can comment on this directly because I have talked to him)

I would work on this module if I knew more about google voice and I'd put it in github and have it support cool things like apps accounts (I have one)...

But for the life of me I can't get google voice to work and I know it's an issue on my end (I'm probably just not google voice savy enough, had an account since grand central but eh), but if I'm spending more than 30 minutes on it at a time I just start to focus my efforts on CID Superfecta (which some members of PBX in a flash and I have re-sparked and re-worked) or Provisioner or Endpoint Manager.....etc :)

Andrew,
We all need to work through this together. You are correct. This isn't technically a FreePBX 2.9 problem. But it is a FreePBX 2.9-generated problem, and some of the developers of these third-party apps are no longer around. So what we really need from the FreePBX 2.9 Dev Team is a well-documented explanation of what has changed so that third party developers (and others) can fix their stuff. I see both sides but hundreds of thousands of end-users depend upon CallerID Superfecta, the Google Voice module, and EndPoint Manager just to name a few. So we can't leave everybody in the lurch each time a new version of FreePBX is released. The people that change the FreePBX code can either document what they've done or write a script that can be run to upgrade these third-party modules. But just kissing them all goodbye simply isn't going to work for most end-users. It's not a matter of blame. It's a matter of keeping your phone system functional. Simple as that.

See my post here for my rationale.

Reaction score
But for the life of me I can't get google voice to work and I know it's an issue on my end (I'm probably just not google voice savy enough, had an account since grand central but eh), but if I'm spending more than 30 minutes on it at a time I just start to focus my efforts on CID Superfecta (which some members of PBX in a flash and I have re-sparked and re-worked) or Provisioner or Endpoint Manager.....etc :)

Just thought I'd ask, did you ever log into the associated Gmail account and place at least one successful outgoing call via the Google Chat client on that page? That is the step that trips up a lot of folks because logically you think it shouldn't make any difference, and yet in at least some cases it really does (and yes you do have to accept the download). You only have to do this one time, and from then on Google Voice (via Google Chat) should work.

If you already did this then please excuse the interruption, it's just a shot in the dark.

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Uhhhh. Well I'll be damned!!!!

Thanks! :)

(Yes it works now)

Just thought I'd ask, did you ever log into the associated Gmail account and place at least one successful outgoing call via the Google Chat client on that page? That is the step that trips up a lot of folks because logically you think it shouldn't make any difference, and yet in at least some cases it really does (and yes you do have to accept the download). You only have to do this one time, and from then on Google Voice (via Google Chat) should work.

If you already did this then please excuse the interruption, it's just a shot in the dark.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macrohat
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.