Freepbx 2.9(beta) No Call Recording?

eCase

Reaction score
I cannot no longer play recorded calls from Call Monitor GUI in Freepbx.
Recently upgrade to 2.9 beta - I did a new install using PIAF Purple iso. Set up system same as before when using 2.8. Was able to record all calls before.
Problem I have now is that I cannot play the recorded calls when I access the Call Monitor.
I am able to login and SEE the call history, but now there is no audio icon for me to click in order to listen to the recorded calls.
I have set up the test extension to record all calls in and out.
Am I missing something here? I'm not saying it's a bug in 2.9!!! It can easily be (or probably be) something I am forgetting to do.
Any advice would be very appreciated!
Thanks~
Ethan

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Please post this on the FreePBX bug tracker.

eCase

Reaction score
Freepbx Bug Tracker

Hi Ward,

I posted this issue on the freepbx forum first, but then I thought it may be helpful to add it here.... was that a mistake?
My apologizes if so :cool:
The issue behind this thread may be something I am doing wrong or it may be something else - I'm still working on it :)
However, while troubleshooting the problem for this thread, I think I may have found my first legitimate bug (one not caused by my novice tinkering)!!!
I don't know if it's an incrediblepbx18.x installer script mistake (it couldn't be!) or if this is something brought about by the update of Freepbx to version 2.9...
This might not even be a bug, which is why I'm posting here in this thread instead of creating new thread :)
History, in order: [New install PIAF Purple] -> [incrediblepbx18.x installer script] -> [passwd-master script] -> [update-programs script] -> [update fixes script] -> [from web gui of freepbx update to 2.9 and update all standard/extended modules].

Potential Bug, (or not): go to freepbx->Setup->General Settings->Advanced Settings then browse down to "Device Settings" and review "SIP and IAX allow" ---when you hover over the setting config, a mini help menu pops up and instructs us to separate values with '&' e.g. 'ulaw&gsm&g729' etc...
Okay, here is where it gets interesting... at least for a typical windows user in over his head ;)
{Keep in mind we haven't made any changes except for updating freepbx to 2.9}
Go to freepbx->Setup->Extensions->701 (which was set up by the incrediblepbx18.x installer)
scroll down to Device Options and check out the "allow" field.....
The hover-help pop-up gives the same info as in Advanced Settings - basically, separate codec values with a '&' between them - ie: 'h263&ulaw&gsm'
HERE'S THE CATCH: The incrediblepbx18.x installer script automagically separates the codec values with a ',' instead of a '&' so the default listed value ends up being 'h263,ulaw,gsm'
:eek6:
So that's my bug.... or is it even a bug? Is the character mismatch between ',' and '&' really even a big deal? :toetap05:
Or is someone going to reply to this post and advise me to NOT quit my day-job? :lol:

Thanks for looking into it guys
~Best Regards~

eCase

Reaction score
***resolved***

If anyone runs into this same problem, you can save yourself a ton of time by doing two things:

FIRST] In Freepbx, where it gives you a choice to decide what format to record or playback audio, choose wav and not WAV. Apparently there is a difference ;)

SECOND] Under General Settings, Advanced Settings, AND EACH EXTENSION configuration {Extensions, 701, 702, etc...)

make sure to separate the codec values with '&' and NOT ','

You're Welcome Guys!!!

So does this mean I just resolved my first "bug?" :crazy:

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused on how the codec issue is related to the playing of recorded calls but I will read more carefully over on the FreePBX forum where you provided the details.

As far as the codecs separated with "," - if there is a script in PIAF that is doing that, then that would be a problem on any FreePBX release. We have used & to separate codecs since 'the beginning of time" (as defined by AMP/FreePBX). To the best of my knowledge there is nothing inside of FreePBX that would do this (but then again, stranger bugs have been found…)

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
You posting here is not a mistake. But Ward knows that to get anything fixed you have to post to the FreePBX website.

He's just doing his due-diligence.

oneadvent

Reaction score
This does not solve the issue for me, is there any other suggestions?

ustelephone

Reaction score
I saw some added security in the upgrade which was put in to keep users from hearing all calls recorded. I had to disable our voicemail GUI on 2.8 because every user could listen to all calls recorded. Take a look at /var/www/html/recordings/includes/main.conf.php - there are variables that may solve your challenge.

Also, try using the admin user and passcode found in this file to log in and retrieve your recordings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.