I HAVE A DREAM Free XiVO Training

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
AR-141029970.jpg&maxw=800&q=90

Suppose we were to offer 3 days of FREE developer training on XiVO in America's #1 tourist destination, Charleston SC. Would you be interested?? Your costs would be airfare and transportation costs, hotel charges, and the expenses associated with (great) food and (many) beverages. We would try to get the creator of XiVO, @Sylvain Boily, to teach the class. BYO computer that can run VirtualBox with XiVO. Timing would probably be late October or early November or next spring (depending upon hotel availability). Bring your spouse and enjoy everything that Charleston has to offer. Interested??

Last edited:

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Just got back from Charleston. Only complaint is there weren't enough meals in the day for the short time we were there to try everywhere we wanted. I might be interested, but scheduling is everything.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I might be interested, but as others have said, timing. Would this be over a weekend (easier for me) or middle of week?

JCass78

Reaction score
I'm also interested, with one or two members of my team as well.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I think we're probably looking at Sunday check-in with meeting on Mon, Tues, and Wed. morning. That provides best rates and best availability of boardrooms in most of the local hotels. Will provide some dates (probably November unless we roll over to spring) shortly. Because we're limited to about 10 people, I think the fairest way will be first come, first served by this thread with one early reservation day to reserve a room. After that it would be first-come, first-served calling the hotel directly. Nerd Vittles will pick up the $1,000 tab for the boardroom.

NOTE: This training is obviously for developers and system integrators, NOT end-users. While we won't require long form birth certificates, we do expect end-users to wait for a more suitable forum.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I've done some hotel shopping and things are pretty full this fall in the Charleston area. For best rates, we would need folks to fly in on Sunday and depart after lunch on Wednesday. We would have two full days of training on Monday and Tuesday as well as a half day on Wednesday.

The two almost-new hotels both that have reasonable pricing and availability and both include a projector and screen and WiFi in their meeting rooms. The Holiday Inn Express seats about 10 plus the speaker in their conference room. The Hilton Garden Inn seats about 30.

Do either or both of these dates work for most of you? WE WOULD NEED TO RESERVE A ROOM BLOCK AND MEETING ROOM THIS WEEK!

Holiday Inn Express, Sun, Oct 30 until Wed, Nov 2 ($109/night with free breakfast, WiFi, and parking)

Hilton Garden Inn, Sun, Nov 13 until Wed, Nov 16 ($119/night with free WiFi and parking)

In order to avoid up front guarantees on rooms, we would need to have everyone's room reservation made by Oct 10 (for Holiday Inn) and Oct 13 (for Hilton). We need firm commitments now if we plan to do the training this fall. Otherwise, we'll have to roll this over until next spring. Thanks.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
Would you be able to give us a brief outline as to what the training will cover.

Gary.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
At this juncture, all I can tell you is all of it will be taught by the creator of XiVO. No syllabus available yet, but you won't be disappointed.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Are you looking for people that have already jumped into Xivo or are those of us that have used PIAF forever and are looking for how to accomplish the same in XIVO environment welcomed as well?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Are you looking for people that have already jumped into Xivo or are those of us that have used PIAF forever and are looking for how to accomplish the same in XIVO environment welcomed as well?

I think the target is experienced admins on some VoIP platform with Asterisk. We don't want to waste a day explaining extensions, trunks, inbound and outbound routes. It obviously would be helpful if everyone had at least tried Incredible PBX for XiVO just to familiarize yourself with the UI. We can obviously cover anything the group wants covered, but it would be a missed opportunity not to cover some of the advanced features in XiVO that we haven't even touched upon yet.

JCass78

Reaction score
Do either or both of these dates work for most of you?

Holiday Inn Express, Sun, Oct 30 until Wed, Nov 2 ($109/night with free breakfast, WiFi, and parking)

Hilton Garden Inn, Sun, Nov 13 until Wed, Nov 16 ($119/night with free WiFi and parking)

I'm good for the Nov 13-16 block @ the Hilton Garden Inn for myself and one other, possibly 2 others.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If we get 3 more by Friday noon, I'll book the Nov 13-16 dates. Otherwise, we'll need to carry this over until Spring.

Sylvain Boily

Reaction score
Great :) Hope to see you for a great 3 days inside XiVO!
For other people, i'll be at astricon this next week. Hope to meet people over there.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
For me, I will wait for the spring session.

Thanks,

Gary.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I've heard from a number of you privately with the observation that advanced training may be a bit premature since most of us are less than 3 months out of the starting gate. With that observation in mind and in light of the scheduling conflicts that some have also expressed, I propose that we roll this training over to early spring so we'll have a more educated audience for @Sylvain Boily to intimidate. In the meantime, this forum and the XiVO Forum will get you almost instant answers to any issues which may arise.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I like it. I was willing to go to this, but would have had to put in some time that I've not had yet with XIVO. I do want to see what it can offer us, and I am currently reading every thread, but not yet implemented even a VM for it. I will make sure to do so soon and mess around with it enough to have a good working knowledge for the spring training. I look forward to it and will definitely be in attendance (since now I've already promised the wife a little trip to Charleston ;)).

Thanks for putting this together - and I look forward to putting faces to names.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.