Force Extension to use one trunk

tine

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my first post here, so pls be patient with me for asking maybe a noob question. I have been using PBIAF for a while now and it has been great. I recently added a secont POTS line/trunk and nw would like to force a certain extension to use only this trunk. I researched and found out that that was once done by using a Custom context.
I now understand that it can be done by installing IncrediblePBX. I installed it, but I dont see where to do that configuration. What do I need to do in IncrediblePBX to force an extension to use a particular trunk for outbound calls? Pls advise. TIA

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Since you don't give version details, I'll assume you're at least at FPBX 2.8.
In Outbound Routes you will notice "Caller ID" in the Dial Patterns, set the extension number there that has to be matched to use this route. Wildcards allowed. Basically once the whole pattern is matched (digits dialed, extension number), the call will move on to the trunk and dial out. Easy to do for small installs. Large installs make it a little more challenging and that's where Custom Contexts makes things a little easier.

tine

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I will try your suggestions and post results. I should have mentioned that the system is running PIAF 1.7.5.7, FreePBX 2.8.14 and Asterisk 1.8.7.2.

Another question, will other extensions still be able to use that trunk?

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Whatever matches the dialing pattern will use that trunk. Simple as that. Think of it as an if/then flow chart. If this criteria matches, then do this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baata
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.