NEED MORE INFO FIX: MySQL DB Error

wa4zlw

Reaction score
take 2...that worked ward thanks...I'm assuming this runs at bootup under the daemon init.rc

thanks leon

balefireeyed

Reaction score
I can confirm that I've seen this on nearly every PIAF system since 2.0.6.2 at one point or another. Valid point that there should be a battery backup, but we might be switching to freepbx just for the fact that they fixed this, as asterisk fails to load every time this happens until the the sock file is removed/moved and mysqld is restarted. Ward is there any plan to resolve this issue on piaf distro apart from scripting rc.local to do this every time the system reboots? As leon noted, he had to amportal restart more than once the second time it happened.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
balefireeyed: Scripting this in rc.local IS the startup fix and is the same one used in other distros. It is on "the bug fix list" but, as I've noted before, the manual edit takes all of 5 seconds to accomplish. Rebuilding and pushing out ISOs takes a good bit longer. THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN ON A PRODUCTION SERVER!

If you're having to do this regularly on any server running MySQL, then you have an extremely unstable computing environment. That warrants immediate attention by whoever maintains the server. Buy a UPS or fix your power source.

Patching MySQL to restart does NOT eliminate file damage that's already occurred every time a power outage wipes out what's still in the MySQL cache or halfway written to a database. FIX YOUR SERVER!

rossei

Reaction score
I need help

I'm getting this error

FATAL ERROR​

DB Error: connect failed​

Trace Back​

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/db_connect.php:71 die_freepbx()
[0]: DB Error: connect failed

/var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php:85 require_once()
[0]: /var/www/html/admin/libraries/db_connect.php

/etc/freepbx.conf:9 require_once()
[0]: /var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php

/var/www/html/admin/config.php:99 include_once()
[0]: /etc/freepbx.conf

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I need help

I'm getting this error

FATAL ERROR​

DB Error: connect failed​

Trace Back​

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/db_connect.php:71 die_freepbx()
[0]: DB Error: connect failed

/var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php:85 require_once()
[0]: /var/www/html/admin/libraries/db_connect.php

/etc/freepbx.conf:9 require_once()
[0]: /var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php

/var/www/html/admin/config.php:99 include_once()
[0]: /etc/freepbx.conf
Need to know the platform: Linux distro and version, Asterisk version, FreePBX version, and Incredible PBX version.

chmorenos

Reaction score
Need to know the platform: Linux distro and version, Asterisk version, FreePBX version, and Incredible PBX version.
Hello
I have a problem with this server, the partition it was full, erased some files now is i 42%, but it´s no possible to get in by web.
I appreciate your help
Sincerely
Carlos Moreno

1656019735183.png
Asterisk 12.05
Distro linux Centos

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.