GO HERE Finding the right distro...

Reaction score
I'm going to setup a fresh PBX (currently running freePBX 2.11.0.38) and would like to try Incredible PBX for our office environment. My criteria/priorities:
  1. Distro must have Hylafax included (or easy add on). I assume iaxmodem but T38modem would be a real treat
  2. I like CentOS
  3. It would be great if I could backup and restore my FreePBX settings to iPBX...but ok if I need to rebuild (and trade-off with #5)
  4. Would like recent Asterisk (13)
  5. I would like to try this in a VM (vmware esxi)..so an OVA/OVF template wouldbe nice
  6. And finally, I'm tired of the commercial modules/licensing gotcha's of FreePBX. Not essential, but would be walk away from that.
I used the download navigator which took me to a CentOS/Asterisk 13/iPBX GUI and am downloading the 3GB ova. But it's not clear to me if this will have the FreePBX GUI or the new iPBX GUI (old Mark Spencer made gui).

Maybe another checkbox column is needed in your table (and perhaps another row for Asterisk 13)...I'll find out soon what's included, but to help others a posted answer would be great!

Reaction score
Just an update...the OVA template is VirtualBox only. I would be nice if future VM templates were exported to OVF! (so VMware users can use them too)....so I'm off to the ISO now.

Reaction score
Ok - I found the VM ovf. I should point out that the distro navigator (that helps you find the right iPBX distro) does not offer this file, only the promox and virtualbox files. Maybe another link is needed there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbradford
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.