TIPS find -L /var/spool/asterisk -type l -delete delaying asterisk startup

sub0

Reaction score
Hi all,

"amportal start” spawns this task:

11847 root 20 0 8940 5176 716 D 6.6 0.4 0:34.19 find -L /var/spool/asterisk -type l -delete

The task appears to search through all of /var/spool/asterisk for broken symlinks.

The problem is that we have millions of recordings in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor, so the find command ends up creating excessive disk i/o and a 10-minute delay when (re)starting asterisk.

I've searched for the find command but can't find it. Where is it? Is it safe to disable? Why is amportal looking for broken symlinks?

Thanks!

-paul

PIAF Installed Version = 2.0.6.4 under *KVM*
FreePBX Version = 2.11.0.42
Running Asterisk Version = 11.5.1

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Code:
/bin/find
/usr/bin/find

Broken symlinks were a chronic FreePBX problem as the developers continued to take over control of various Asterisk config files in systems using FreePBX. So their solution was to search for this breakage and remove it. If your system is stable and you're using Incredible PBX 13 with Signature Checking disabled, then there shouldn't be a problem commenting out the find and symlink patching code. If signature checking is not disabled, then you're going to see all sorts of ugly messages in FreePBX once you modify amportal. I wouldn't actually get rid of the find command. You may need it some day.

sub0

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

Not using Incredible PBX 13... We have symlinked /var/spool/asterisk/monitor to another volume. It seems like the best option is to delete this symlink prior to when the amportal symlink matching code runs and then recreate our symlink afterwards. So now I only have to find the symlink patching code.... it's not in /usr/local/sbin/amportal. Do you know where I can find it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.