QUESTION Feature Codes not working with Obi ATA Help?

rchalk

Reaction score
The feature codes seem to work fine with a SIP phone (Aastra 6757i) but when dialed from an analog phone through an Obi ATA, I get a fast busy. I suspect this is an Obi setting problem, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
It all depends on your "dialstrings", Google should get you there. For most you need to add *xx

Last edited:

rchalk

Reaction score
Well, I tried adding *XX, *xx, and *72 and none of these works. I tried setting the signalling to in-band, RFC2833, Auto, SIP Info, and none of these works either. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks,
Richard

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
insure that you are making changes to the digit map of the ISTP (A or B) profile defined in the voice services sp (1 or 2)service

rchalk

Reaction score
Those settings appear to be for having the Obi do the forwarding. I don't want that - I want to be able to access the server controls, specifically the *72 and *73, for call forwarding.

Am I reading this right?

dicko

Reaction score
You generally need to disable local "star code" features on any ATA's to allow them to be performed by Asterisk

rchalk

Reaction score
I have deleted the entries under Star Codes for the two functions in question. However, when I try to dial *72, I get the fast busy signal, but something resets in the Obi ATA. I can't tell what, but the power light blinks off for a few seconds, and the Analog phone says "check phone line". Then the line lights blink, and everything returns to normal. This makes me think that it is the * that has some effect on the ATA.

dicko

Reaction score
Sorry I don't have one handy, but the "escape code" was always *** , perhaps check with obi

rchalk

Reaction score
Well, I'm an IDIOT!!!

I was making all these changes in SP1, and my device was using SP2.

Sorry for wasting your time......

ajonate

Reaction score
I found an easier fix. Simply change the feature codes in the admin panel (Admin-->Feature Codes) by removing the star (*). So, for example, instead of *68 being the code for wake-up calls, change it to just 68. If you make the extensions 3 or 4 digits then you won't have any conflicts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.