FYI FaxBack-like Service

Reaction score
Looking to see if there is any sort of add on for incredible PBX that can do fax back. i.e. call into system press option (or use separate DID) possibly select an option for a certain "file" and have it fax back to the DID you are calling from, or even better prompt for the option to send it to a number.

Anything even remotely close to this around. I tried to google and look on the forum and either I am an idiot and do not know the correct search terms or I couldn't find it. :eek:

Thanks,
Nathan

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
There are a bunch of websites that will do it, but I don't know about Asterisk doing it. Maybe with the FFA (Fax for Asterisk) module?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If you're in a hurry, here's the syntax to send fax on demand documents after installing Incredible Fax. PDFs work, too. The rest is just window dressing...
Code:
sendfax -n -d 8431234567 /etc/crontab

Brian Simmons

Reaction score
Doesn't look like there are any patent issues so we'll put it on the To-Do List.

It looks like it was settled because Faxback entered into a licensing agreement with the original patent holder Brooktrout. If PIAF or IncredibleFax has a similar agreement, then I would agree that there aren't probably any issues. But without a licensing agreement with Brooktrout, you may find yourself in some hot water.

Reaction score
Hate to hash up such an old thread... but I kinda wanted to revisit this question again.

What I'm hoping to do is the following.

1.) Fax in to the pbx from an offside location to dedicated DID.
2.) Receive fax
3.) Send a predefined PDF file back to the fax number that registered as the CID upon system receiving the fax.

Basically, just like the HP fax back service. But of course , it'd be on my system and I would be able to set the "time limit" before the predefined fax went out.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@completetech: Take a look at /var/spool/hylafax/bin/faxrcvd which processes incoming faxes. You'd need to add a line (probably in MailWithFAX() section) to send the PDF file back as part of that process. For example...
Code:
sendfax -n -d $CIDNUMBER /somepath/somefile.pdf

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.