SOLVED Failed to authenticate on INVITE

LesD

Reaction score
I had an issue a few days ago with my 3 Sipgate trunks where they failed to register (reported in an other thread). That seems to have been a problem at Sipgate. The lines now seem OK but I have an other issue now. (I am not sure if this issue arose when the lines failed or only some time after they were restored).

My daughter also has a Sipgate number. When I call her number it is routed through one of my Sipgate trunks and now it fails with the message below.

I then tried to force it through my Voipcheap trunk with the same result.

I then tried using my Voiptalk trunk and that seems to work reliably.

What is the meaning of the message? Should I be talking [*] to Sipgate again?

Code:
[2013-07-31 21:46:09] NOTICE[1660] chan_sip.c: Failed to authenticate on INVITE to '"0208802xxxx" <sip:[email protected]>;tag=as1d319b8c'

"0208802xxxx" is my number and I am calling an other "020...." number which equates to "134yyyy" - the Sipgate ID for that line. So that number is not coming from my system - it is being returned by Sipgate.

[*] Talking to Sipgate is a misnomer - email support only!

Hyksos

Guru
Reaction score
Have you tried calling other sipgate subscriber?

Post a screenshot of your trunk config, meaning go into the trunk config page and screenshot everything below outgoing settings (minimum).
Before doing that sanitize it by changing the personal info but make sure to preserve logic. then you can quit that without saving...

Your register string is probably valid but not the rest and maybe I'm wrong, you're trying to be succinct but you're leaving key pieces out.

More logs and more configs would say more.

LesD

Reaction score
It does seem that I cannot make outgoing calls on this sipgate trunk.

I tried a different sipgate trunk and that was OK.

After your pointing to the PEER settings, I reviewed them. While I was certain I had not changed anything I found that while the Sipgate lines were not registering, I had added an outboundproxy line.

I removed that but still no improvement.

After a bit more fiddling, I disabled the line and then re-enabled it and it now works.

Thank you.

Hyksos

Guru
Reaction score
You said here on another thread that you had messed with the trunk. I knew that, so wasn't that hard. I'm surprised I know more than you about the certainty that you had messed with them. At least you had told us, which is +1.

It's why I know you made two changes while having issues:
have tried adding [outboundproxy=proxy.live.sipgate.co.uk] per http://www.live.sipgate.co.uk/faq/article/508/How_do_I_configure_Asterisk but no change.

There they specify SIP-ID rather than the phone number for end of the register string but that also makes no difference.

I see things, not in my soup but in your posts... :sorcerer:

LesD

Reaction score
Don't give away all your trade secrets!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.