Extension Outgoing - Specific DID

MikeS

Reaction score
I have several dids from a few providers, incoming pointing to individual extensions, used for friends abroad to give them UK numbers.

couple of questions.

At the moment, each outbound route has a 'simple number|.'
so each extension dials a single digit for an external call.

1. I would like force each extension to only have access to a specific outbound route, say using custom contexts & a dial plan.

2. to speak to each other, each extension dials an extension number, ok for a few, but messy if I add more. would be more consistent if they just dialed the did.

If they dial another extensions did this goes out to the provider & back from the provider into the system, not ideal.
If from a did on one provider to a did on another provider, this costs.

I would like for piaf to recognize if a number dialed is a 'local' did. i.e attached to the system, and keep it internal. Much like an ISTP does with calls across their own numbers.

Any pointers ?

Several ideas, but thought processes are slow at the mo ...

Mike

Reaction score
lgaetz offers a decent solution.

I hadn't thought of feature codes. I had thought to setup custom extensions with the DID and a dial string of the user's extension. Same result. I can't decide if one is cleaner than the other.

MikeS

Reaction score
Thanks Guys.

Some ideas to try !

For 2, I had thought of the DID custom extension, so over the holiday I will set that up & run it for a while.

For 1. I again, will experiment to see if it works, I seem to recall a multi tenant solution using custom contexts, what I am trying to do, is in effect, the same.

I will have to search the forums some more.

Mike

MikeS

Reaction score
Ok, one for the gurus here.

Taking a different tack on this, If instead of using normal extension ranges ie 101, I used a trunk did number (01234 567890) as the extension number, what would this break ?

Reaction score
Depending on how you are already setup, your routing may do strange things. However, it is possible to do such a setup.

Try it and see what breaks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baata
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.