QUESTION extension language setting

sergiocesar

Reaction score
I just updated a system to the latest 2.11 and asterisk 1.8.20.1
trying to set some extensions to "pt_BR" and "es" but it refuses to play the sounds files in that language when I set the language in the extension page.
If I change the setting in the sip settings - advance general settings it works but all extensions will use that telling me that the language files are there and it can find them.

how can I troubleshoot it? or what can I be setting wrong?

leemason

Guru
Reaction score
I assume you have the correct language sound files installed?

sergiocesar

Reaction score
That is what I said.... "If I change the setting in the sip settings - advance general settings it works but all extensions will use that telling me that the language files are there and it can find them."

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Make sure that any new languages you have added are owned by Asterisk (including the directory), and are located in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/XX where XX represents the language code. On my system es is Spanish, fr is french, etc.. On each extension, I then specify the language code that matches the sub-directory name.

sergiocesar

Reaction score
Make sure that any new languages you have added are owned by Asterisk (including the directory), and are located in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/XX where XX represents the language code. On my system es is Spanish, fr is french, etc.. On each extension, I then specify the language code that matches the sub-directory name.

yes, it is correct, but it seems like the entry for Language on the extension have no effect. all is played in English. :(

leemason

Guru
Reaction score
That is what I said.... "If I change the setting in the sip settings - advance general settings it works but all extensions will use that telling me that the language files are there and it can find them."

Sorry. Missed that bit for some reason.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
yes, it is correct, but it seems like the entry for Language on the extension have no effect. all is played in English. :(

I'm thinking it may be a bug. I just installed the same and defined a different language code for the entire system. It still defaults to the grainy English ones..

I'll do some more testing tomorrow, but it IS a show stopper for me.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
I just updated a system to the latest 2.11 and asterisk 1.8.20.1
trying to set some extensions to "pt_BR" and "es" but it refuses to play the sounds files in that language when I set the language in the extension page.
If I change the setting in the sip settings - advance general settings it works but all extensions will use that telling me that the language files are there and it can find them.

how can I troubleshoot it? or what can I be setting wrong?

Here's how I got languages to work:

1. Advanced Settings - >> Show Language setting = True
2. Modules - >> Languages - Enable - Languages 2.11.0.0 FreePBX Enabled

My language backup was over 100 meg, so I had to cut down and then restore to the new system. The language code now is visible and works on extensions and trunks.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Although this thread is old, does anyone know if there is a new module for the Raspberry installation? I'd hate to load the old one in and kill my system.

Old = Modules - >> Languages - Enable - Languages 2.11.0.0 FreePBX Enabled

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.