NEED MORE INFO Experiencing some XiVO funk on ImpactVPS

broadcastguy

Reaction score
Hello again,

I'm experiencing a couple of issues that I'm sure has something to do with NAT but, after attempting a few (all) of the recommended fixes, I'm still stumped.

Voice quality on outgoing calls from device (Grandstream GXP2140) to VPS and to my VoIP provider are excellent, with one hitch. When I put the caller on hold after placing the outgoing call, the hold music is choppy/pulsing; the audio on both sides while talking is near flawless.

Incoming call quality is choppy from SIP device to caller, but clear from caller (VoIP provider to VPS to device). To me, this rings the alarm bells that it is clearly a NAT issue, especially since the caller can hear the hold music clearly without breakup on the incoming route. I've got a few devices behind the firewall and have given each device a unique RTP port and forwarded those ports in my router (R7000). I've also gone as far as forwarding the unique SIP ports on each device, even though signalling doesn't appear to be an issue. I even added one of the devices to the DMZ and it still exhibits the choppy audio on the upstream during an incoming call. SIP ALG is also disabled.

Also, I have a fibre connection with 150 Mbps upstream bandwidth and nothing else running on the network during testing.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

broadcastguy

Reaction score
I started a new VPS and installed the FreePBX version of Incredible PBX and I'm experiencing the same issue of choppy voice on the caller's end. @wardmundy, have you experienced any issues with your VoIP traffic on ImpactVPS? I have literally opened up my home devices to the internet to rule NAT out and I'm still having this issue. It seems to be from the VPS to the trunks themselves that the problem occurs as calls between internal extensions are fine. I'm using VoIP.ms and The Spout (a local SIP provider). Thank you again, I know these are amateur problems, but any insight is much appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.