Error 403: forbidden (bad auth)

jrinco11

Reaction score
Hey yall,

Just setup my Incredible PBX server on an old laptop and am having issues getting it started. I went through the whole setup guide and am trying to setup xlite to start testing.

I ran the mysql query to get the password for the 701 extension, entered it into xlite, and am getting an error 403 bad auth message. I proceeded to try configuring my PAP2 and iphone softphone and they, too, won't register. I've even tried setting up other extensions (702, 703) and no luck there either and I am totally stumped...

I am using a dell latitude D430 as my incredible pbx server, and a linksys wrt54g-tm with ddwrt firmware on my router. Incredible PBX is setup using gvoice and sipgate.

(attached is my xlite log if that helps?)

any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• xlitelog.txt
    14.9 KB · Views: 3

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Use a web browser and open FreePBX at the IP address of your server. Then choose Admin, Extensions, 701 and write down the entry for secret, not Voicemail Password. See if that helps.

You've probably also locked yourself out of your server with failed password attempts so run service iptables restart on your server as well.

jrinco11

Reaction score
Use a web browser and open FreePBX at the IP address of your server. Then choose Admin, Extensions, 701 and write down the entry for secret, not Voicemail Password. See if that helps.

You've probably also locked yourself out of your server with failed password attempts so run service iptables restart on your server as well.

hmmm, the value for "secret" is the one I am using for my xlite config -- I did notice that for "permit" it shows "192.168.137.0/255.255.255.0". When installing IPBX, I connected the laptop to the internet by plugging it into my laptop and sharing it's internet connection, thus giving it a 192.168.137.x ipaddress. However, it is now plugged directly into the router (and has a 192.168.2.x ipaddress) and am wondering if the fact that the permit value is .137 instead of .2 is causing an issue?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
That's your problem. Be sure to make the change for every extension. :wink5:

jrinco11

Reaction score
Is there anything else I would need to update/fix that would be related to this besides the permit entries for all the extensions?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Make the change and then test the results. That's the best indicator of whether things are working properly.

As a general rule, it's not a good idea to install a server in one environment and then move it to a different setup.

jrinco11

Reaction score
...Yah, and I know better too...lol

things seem to be working great -- thanks!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex_Spiridonov
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.