ENUMPlus

aster1sk

Guru
Reaction score
We have officially launched ENUMPlus for North American users as well as created a working module to simplify the entire procedure.

This was my first shot at a FreePBX module so don't hate on it too bad - it appears to be working quite well. You can read all about it here.

Please feel free to post any comments, questions, suggestions etc.. here or at the project page. I would love to know what you guys think!
Trying to rejuvenate the excitement of e164 has not been easy - but using ENUMPlus definitely makes it a cinch and encourages use.

We are looking for dev's to fix up my shotty module as well as additional DNS Slaves - I have created a VM if anyone is interested in peering with us (Redundancy is a good thing with DNS).

Anyway - hope you enjoy using ENUMPlus as much as we enjoyed creating it.

cheers!

aster1sk

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks

Not sure where I misspelled it or if you are referring to the existing services.. I forgot to mention that the module allows for additional sources to be added on the fly, so you are not limited to just the big three - you can host your own.

Baylink

Guru
Reaction score
On your website

several places on the front page, you're spelling it "depracated".

aster1sk

Guru
Reaction score
Ahh

Well as you know this is an open project - care to write some decent copy?

English is not my first language - my apologies.

Baylink

Guru
Reaction score
The rest of your copy's clean enough that I wasn't sure. :)

Sure; that's my thing.

Unfortunately... between your current lede, the rest of your home page, your FAQ, and your "How it works" page, I can't quite figure out *which part* of the problem space your project is a replacement *for*.

Which probably means that no one else can, either. Could you expand for me?

aster1sk

Guru
Reaction score
A while back we were testing *other* e164 services with intermittent results. We decided to create a solid solution which allowed its users to validate their numbers immediately. One with a working whitepages listing as well as support for peering ie. if someone wants to run their own ENUMPlus instance they can just download the script and use it wherever.

We also wanted a way to support Dynamic DNS out of the box - so every user that signs up has the option to run a cron job and get a username.enumplus.org subdomain that points to their PBX.

We are also hooking up with the google maps API as well as adding additional (opt-in) public information - that way people can find you by trade, city, state, zip, business type etc... I am looking into an additional module for avatar display on supported devices upon incoming calls.

I have a few python books here ready for a bunch of coffee and dog ears - I want to create a cross platform screen pop to integrate with this service and I think I can pull it off.

Not only does the freepbx module allow you to add enumlookup sources on the fly - you can also control your entire enumplus.org account within the page without page refresh or amportal restart.

Maybe you should install it - get signed up and report back.

Baylink

Guru
Reaction score
So, the subject of your website is a package which allows you to participate in ENUM, optionally running your own endzone DNS server for your numbers?

(That is to say: you're still assuming I know your problemspace, and that's only barely true. However, that makes me the perfect person to rewrite the home page of your website; if you can explain it to me sufficiently that I can explain it back to you correctly, then you've won. :)

Reaction score
What about the whitepage tab?

There are some numbers I would have no problem to register with enumplus, however I do not want them published anywhere nor associated with my name.

So far the white page tab is not working, but when it will, I hope you will not by default publish all DID in the account.

Also in e164.org we had the telemarketer options. Will it be also implemented in enumplus?

aster1sk

Guru
Reaction score
Whitepage is OPT IN only - no ones records will ever be public (unless they already know your number and dig the NAPTR record, but that is a lot of work and only returns your SIP URI).

I would like to know more about the telemarketer functionality - please explain!

kenn10

Reaction score
Any hope of an option to have our name and numbers inserted into the telco database for Caller ID? I suspect there is a charge for each database insertion but I'd be willing to pay it to have my name show when I call people outside my own system.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Any hope of an option to have our name and numbers inserted into the telco database for Caller ID? I suspect there is a charge for each database insertion but I'd be willing to pay it to have my name show when I call people outside my own system.

List Yourself

It's free!

kenn10

Reaction score
Not bad but it doesn't look like it necessarily goes into the AT&T or Verizon CID databases.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I don't think that's correct. Here's where our listing showed up using CallerID Superfecta 2.0 sources:

superfecta2.gif

kenn10

Reaction score
I don't dispute that if you use the FreePBX module. What I mean is if I am a VOIP only customer who calls someone with a landline with AT&T or Verizon, they probably still won't get my name on their caller-ID.

Reaction score
I would like to know more about the telemarketer functionality - please explain!

on e164.org in addition to the 'white page' info you have a do not call feature that is registered under the x-dnc header.

It's telling if you accept to be contacted by telemarketer, with a table of different category (religious, political, etc...) and if you accept anonymous CID from them.

I'm not sure that anybody is using these info for any purpose yet or if it is normalized in the Enum standard, but that's a feature I would encourage to get standardized.

http://www.e164.org/wiki/DoNotCall#head-d3d7b318b038bbfdc7630af4205a8ecb1df71105

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
kenn10: The easy answer is to call AT&T or Verizon directory assistance and ask for the number for Ward Mundy in Charleston, SC. Then we'll all know. If I had a landline I'd do it, but we eat our own dog food. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
web validation

Just a small annoyance with your popup windows to enter the validation number.

I'm using firefox, the windows pop up fine, but If for any reason I'm loosing the focus on the browser page (like for instance answering the call with a softphone) the validation windows disappears and no way to have it back. The only option is to wait five minutes to try again another call.

Could you put a link on your page to enter the validation number without having to restart a new call...

vcallaway

Guru
Reaction score
One other little quirk.

The file /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/enumlookup.agi has the dbconnection hardcoded. If you have changed your mysql passwords you have to edit this file.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.