FYI endpoints centos 7 setup

ariban

Reaction score
Hi,
I installed endpoints on centos 6.5 with no issues. however when i follow the same instructions for centos 7 it does not work. here is what i did on centos 6.5, can anyone help with centos 7

yum -y install t*f*t*p-server
yum install nmap
chkconfig ntpd on
/etc/init.d/ntpd start
chkconfig t*f*t*p on
chmod 777 /tftpboot/
/sbin/chkconfig --level 345 xinetd on
/sbin/chkconfig --level 345 t*f*t*p on
/etc/init.d/xinetd restart

Thank you
Ben

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Centos 6.X and 7.X are completely different beasts!

First we only really work with Scientific Linux anymore.

Second there are a lots of missing/changed programs or different ways of doing thing that making an install work under a V7 os very problematic. Then again your problem with endpoints could be a configuration issue or something related to the differences between V6x and V7x OS's. Hard to tell.

Eventually we will have something that supports a V7x SL install and operation of PIAF/IPBX

Tom

ariban

Reaction score
Hi Tom,
Somehow when i use your scientific linux dvd and it installs everything all at once, when i restart the laptop it just has a black screen with a flashing line on the upper left corner.
the only one that works is centos 7 and then once centos is installed i install the piaf according to these instructions: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=13599
do you know why this happens with you all in one dvd i downloaded?

from these files, which one do you advise me to download to work the easiest and the best: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pbxinaflash/files/?source=navbar

thank you
Ben

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aegodoyr
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.