Eee PC 900 Install with only USB Drive

jsn

Reaction score
Hello I'm trying to install PIAF on a Eee PC 900 using only a USB Drive. This has been tremendously difficult so I'm looking for advice.

1) I downloaded the PIAF 1.4 ISO
2) To get it bootable on a USB Drive I used UNetbootin, which creates the MBR and allows you to select which kickstart file to run (i.e. ks.cfg or ksalt.cfg).
3) I select ksalt
4) it stops at "Error cannot download kickstart file"
5) doing some looking around (i.e. press alt+F3 or alt+F4) I discovered that the USB drive is on sdc:sdc1 (sda is likely the ssd hard drive on this system, and sdb is likely the sd card)
6) press alt+F1 to return to prompt and type "hd:scd1:/ksalt.cfg" then ok
7) asks for keyboard, I select US
8) it starts asking for the disk driver with options to select it from a list or locate it on a drive

I don't know how to get pass this part. Why this part is happening. I thought that once I finally figured out how to point to the kickstart file on the USB drive all would take off just like using a CDROM.

What's going wrong with this system?
PIAF looks great but a easy to understand guide on usb drive installation is really needed. I'm happy to help if we can work through this.

Thanks

jsn

jdaustin

Reaction score
Did you ever find a resolution for this?
I know this same issue occurs from a USB cdrom.

dghundt

Guru
Reaction score
i loaded onto a usb and did not click anything. started to run fine, but I did not want to format my drive, so unplugged power.

using pbxiaf 1.6

Members online

No members online now.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex_Spiridonov
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.