GO HERE Does anyone use Cellular Data for failover? Recomendations?

Recomendations: Wireless Cellular Data Provider for VOIP Failover

• Metro PCS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Republic Wireless

• Straight Talk

• Verizon

• Virgin Mobile

• Other (Please Post as Comment)

• Total voters

Yahdie

Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking for an inexpensive Wireless Plan via USB Modem to cover brief interruptions in internet service to my office by my ISP. They should not restrict VOIP traffic and should be Data only (no need for SMS or Voice)
Although I'm in S. Florida it might be generally useful if people respond for any region they happen to be in.
Thanks!
I put a Poll with all the US Based Carriers that I can think of, if there is anyone I missed, please add a comment.

Last edited:

OTA

Guru
Reaction score
It's been ages (CDMA/EVDO) since I last played with trying to run G.711 over cell. Has anyone tried running it over LTE? Are the connections reliable enough to run the PBX off of it?

I know there are GSM VoIP gateways available, but that's just going to give you an alternate trunk.

KNERD

Reaction score
I know for fact Verizon blocks port 5060. I have used T-mobile for backup and works great, even while surfing and using VoIP. They have really good data speeds.

And actually you don't need a USB modem. Plenty of GSM WI-Fi routers on the market. It will auto switch over if it loses WAN connection.

stanjohn

Not quite right
Reaction score
Using Sprint LTE, works with Roku video streaming both at the same time, no port issues GV ports work a little more delay in ping times, public ip is in Atlanta I'm in Birmingham. My backup is Ringplus cellular with connect 2 boxes. I have about a month experience with setup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.