TIPS Display Missed Call on Ring Group

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
OK - older versions of FreePBX would show missed calls in a ring group even if someone else answered the call. On the newer setups with current incredible, that's been resolved and now you don't show the missed call - because someone else answered it.

My Problem is:

I have someone that wants the old way back. The secretary didn't grab the call in time, the boss answered it, and tells her - call them back. It's not on her phone's history. She didn't answer the call, and its not listed as a missed call either.

How do I get ring groups to show missed calls if I want?

billsimon

Reaction score
That option exists on Queues. Are you sure it's a RG and not a Queue?

In Queues, you can set "Mark calls answered elsewhere" and the result will be as you describe.

What it does is add "c" to the Dial() options when enabled. My ring groups don't have that option and don't add "c". Did you put "c" in a dial options field anywhere (either on your extensions or in the Advanced -> defaults?

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
That option exists on Queues. Are you sure it's a RG and not a Queue?

In Queues, you can set "Mark calls answered elsewhere" and the result will be as you describe.

What it does is add "c" to the Dial() options when enabled. My ring groups don't have that option and don't add "c". Did you put "c" in a dial options field anywhere (either on your extensions or in the Advanced -> defaults?

OK - I'm back on this request again. Yes - this is for RG, not queues. No - definitely didn't put in "c" in dial options.

Any ideas or thoughts of how to make this work so that any missed call still shows on phone is appreciated.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
It's call answered elsewhere:

CSeq: 102 CANCELM
User-Agent: FPBX-12.0.74(13.11.2)M
Reason: SIP;cause=200;text="Call completed elsewhere"M
Content-Length: 0M

Anyone know How to disable this option either completely or at least on ring group?

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I found a way around this, but I don't think its very elegant. I modified the chan_sip.c to force answered_elsewhere = FALSE - recompiled, and now it works how desired.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.