I HAVE A DREAM DISA and Queues on PIAF 5....

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I've been on this forum a long time, and pretty happy all the way...

I'm looking at hosting a cloud-based version for a particular customer who has specific needs.

One of those needs is the ability for sales and other staff to call out on their personal cell phones. They want their caller id hidden -- and have it show the corporate caller id. They also like to be an extension on the pbx.

Yes, there are fancy SIP 4G clients. However, in most places, especially while mobile, the 4G handoff sucks with SIP, and you get a poor caller experience. So, I'd rather use the standard cellular network.

I do this now with DISA -- I used a dialer wedge on the smartphone, and it's all hidden from them. It dials a PBX incoming number, and, based on the callerid and a password that is automatically entered, the number is dialed and the call completed, with the proper caller IDs. They, and I, love it.

I don't see support for DISA in PBX 5. Is that planned or coming? It's not a security risk if done properly -- I've been doing it 7 years and no issues.

My other question is about Queues. What version supports them?

Thanks,

Gerry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BKhumalo
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.