QUESTION Digium phones and option 66 provisioning help

edisoninfo

Guru
Reaction score
I have a Windows 2008 R2 server handing out DHCP. I have set option 66 for the entire scope to the IP address of the pbx since most of the phones are Aastra. I am now messing with Digium phones and wanted to try it without the DPMA module. I edited option 66 for the one IP address of the Digium D70 phone and set option 66 to "http://192.168.1.100:2004" but the phone still says unable to retrieve config. What am I missing?

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
@edisoninfo

Just a thought... Based upon your post, I think the reason you're having an issue is that DHCP option 66 is meant for a t*f*t*p server. A quick look at RFC2132 and there isn't any mention of HTTP even being utilized for this option.

edisoninfo

Guru
Reaction score
Agreed, and yet all the Digium docs say to do it this way. Their tech support doesn't even seem to know how to do it. Very frustrating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.