SUGGESTIONS did call reroute

Brianmac

Reaction score
PIAF Green: 2.0.6.5 | Asterisk: 11.14.1 | Kernal: 2.6.32-431.1.2.0.1.el6.i686 - 32 Bit
Grandstream GXP-2160's

All users have a DID. When a call comes in through main number, all extensions ring.

When a user is on a call and another call comes in through their DID, they get a busy signal. How can I have the call go to either voicemail or back to main number where all extensions ring?

Thanks,
brian

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Call Waiting, Voice Mail enabled in extension settings?
Optional destinations (ext settings) changed from defaults?
Call Waiting enabled in the phone?
Multiple Line Keys assigned for that account?

Brianmac

Reaction score
sorry, I'm not understanding. If the user is on a call, dialed out on their DiD and an incoming call comes in on that same Did, i want the incoming call to go to either that persons voicemail OR go and ring all extensions. This is the CEO line and he wants any incoming to his DiD(while he is on it) go ring all extensions, so he does not miss the call or worst case go to his voicemail. Right now the incoming call just gets a busy signal..
Thanks,
Brian

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
post the incoming route for that DID and the configuration for the extension that this DID routes to

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Brian, either I'm reading too much into this or the explaination is a little vague but this is what I'm getting;
You have a Main Number 354-998-9800 (let's say) and when someone calls this number, you have it go to a Ring group (800, let's say) where every phone in the place rings
You have employees that have their own extensions (hopefully in the same pattern range, 354-998-9801, 9802,9803, etc. [let's say]) and when people call these numbers they go directly to that desk and nowhere else. But, when a second call comes in on that same number, the second caller gets a busy signal? Does this happen on your MAIN number too?

If so, it sounds as if your provider has the number of channels set too low (2 maybe). If that's not it then maybe voicemail is inactive, or take a look at the extensions page (pick any extension you want) and scroll to the bottom and see if you have Alternate destinations settings for Busy, Unavailable, Unreachable (they should all read something like, 'Use System Default'). Change the BUSY setting to Ring Group <800> Main Number Ring Group.

What you describe happening sounds more like insufficient Channels (Concurrent Call Slots per Number [On DID Provider's end]) that if the DID has no place to send the call to the busy signal is their default.

Also I don't think Green is supported anymore (I could Be wrong here) I think the colors are older versions.

Hope I am not is outer space with my understanding of your problem. Good Luck.

wa4zlw

Reaction score
As said above please post your inbound routes so we can see what you're doing. Also, I agree about the number of active channels on your trunks.

Leon

Brianmac

Reaction score
Kevin and rest of Gang,
sorry, I was not clear. I fixed the issue(simply and am embarrassed, how simple it was to bother you guys - I do appreciate all the help).
Office had a main number that rings all extensions. Each employee has his\her own DiD that only goes to their respective phone. when the CEO is using his phone and an outside calls dials his DiD, he said they get a busy signal. I played around with a spare I keep in my office(always connected to client with VPN through router, so as if I am in office with my phone). The simple answer was to change on the CEO extension the setting at the bottom about BUSY, I changed it to go to ring group(as the main number does) and its working perfectly.
Thanks again and sorry about the confusion and my lack of knowledge, I really appreciate all the help!
brian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.