Dictation broken in 1.7.5.5

emckinnon

Reaction score
Dictation fails in version 1.7.5.5. After several hours with Google, I found the problem. The perl script audio-email.pl calls Sox to convert the .raw file to the choice specified in extensions configuration. The perl script's call to Sox includes a -w parameter which is deprecated in the version of Sox that installs with 1.7.5.5. I couldn't find out what the -w parameter does, but I found a fix for another script using Sox that substituted -2 for -w. The change works here.

I've also modified the perl script to advise the email recipient that the file number entered in response to *35 could not be found. If anyone is interested, please advise.

I would prefer to send the bad file number email to the user. anyone know how I could get the user's email address to pass to the audio-email.pl script?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Here's the patch until Tom gets back from Canada to incorporate into update-fixes. Note that this is really a FreePBX bug which will have to be addressed by them down the road.

sed -i 's|sox -r 8000 -w|sox -r 8000 -2|' /var/lib/asterisk/bin/audio-email.pl
sed -i 's|sox -r 8000 -w|sox -r 8000 -2|' /var/www/html/admin/modules/dictate/bin/audio-email.pl

kenn10

Reaction score
I'd post this as a bug on the FreePBX site since this is their issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lm2lm2
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.