NEED MORE INFO Device and Users & Call Flow Control

edlentz

Reaction score
I have a customer that is currently using a Freepbx Distro 2.11 with Asterisk 1.8.22. They have a T1/PRI card and are having call quality issues with it. Digium requested we update the system to Version 11. I did that over the weekend. This morning we had to revert back to Asterisk 1.8 because although the phones registered, the system would not send calls to the phones. The DID calls go to call Queues if that makes any difference. The customer also is using ALL the Call Flow Controls in the dialplan. My question is:

Can someone clue me in as to whether Hot Desking (Device and User mode) is available in the Asterisk versions after 1.8, apparently Freepbx doesn't fully support this after, for some reason.

Also, is there a way to enable more of the call flow controls? This office is a multiple Dr office and they have outgrown the capabilities so far in Freepbx I am afraid. I realize PIAF is very close to FreepBX in many ways, but I thought with the talent here I could slide them to PIAF and get done what they need.

Thanks for any insight

wa4zlw

Reaction score
hi there...what exactly are they trying to accomplish? A flowchart, diagram or explanation would be great

thanks leon

edlentz

Reaction score
Well, in a nutshell.

They have 10 Doctors, each doctor has two staff members. They have 7 locations (offices) for the Drs to see patients. At any given time three doctors are "unavailable". Right now they use the system in Device and User mode and the individuals log in and out to get their calls. This is working pretty well. I would LOVE a way to tell which users are logged into which phones, many times we need to have them log out and then in to get calls working again.

I created a drawing, but apparently my forum login doesn't allow file uploads. Maybe I can upload an image.
FMA-Call%20Flow.PNG
Another question, The custome ruses an excel spreadsheet to create (I use this next part as a for instance) a schedule that is basically a 6 week rotation of who is in the building and who isn't. Is there a way to possibly create a GUI (Calendar) that will interact with the Time conditions / Time Groups? It would need the ability to be printed and modified every day. They aren't much interested in the Gui as it is now.

Thanks Leon

edlentz

Reaction score
I tried the endpoint manager and the Phone Apps, but alas the Yealink phones they have are not really compatible with the Login/out feature that would change the phone provisioning. Also, they are using the phone as a pass thru to their PC. They were cheap and didn't want to add cable to their office. They have gotten along with the Device and User mode pretty well. the thing I do not like is that the phone does not show the logged in presence. I am pretty much open to ANY ideas anyone might have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.