FYI Current State of Phonebo.cx (and apologies)

phonebo.cx

Reaction score
I know we have been very quiet recently, and we apologize.

Things are progressing behind the scenes, and we don't have any new information at the moment. We've been talking with the FreePBX Developers on IRC, and they've been helping us out a bit.

Currently we're working on FreePBX 14, and we've been doing work on the back end code to make sure that our repositories automatically stay updated with the official repositories.

FreePBX have said that we CAN use their repositories and module CDN if we want, but we may want to do things that they do not like, so we would rather not be reliant on them.

We will be basing everything around CentOS 7. Ubuntu 16.04 LTS will be our next target.

I was urged to post here just so that people don't think that FreePBX or Incredible PBX has been abandoned for 3CX. We are still working on it. Just that we all have jobs now, so our hobbies must have a lower speed than our families and work.

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
I think using 14 is the right move. For repositories, I think an option to use the FreePBX repos could be a good thing. Not questioning the intent, but depending on repos of a completely anonymous group is not the most comforting notion.

I'd prefer to see Debian as the second OS, even if the target was Stretch instead of Jessie. Maybe the Ubuntu install could be generic enough for both (but I hare the way Ubuntu changes things just fir the heck of it).

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Your github hasn't been updated since July ??

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
FreePBX have said that we CAN use their repositories and module CDN if we want, but we may want to do things that they do not like, so we would rather not be reliant on them.

Interesting. Their licensing info and web site say just the opposite. Be careful.

phonebo.cx

Reaction score
Interesting. Their licensing info and web site say just the opposite. Be careful.

The clarification: If we do not change it the code we can use it (of course!). But FreePBX does not support 'use repository a for module a, and repository b for module b', and we don't think it's worth writing the code to handle it.

Of course patches welcome! Lol!

billsimon

Reaction score
The clarification: If we do not change it the code we can use it (of course!). But FreePBX does not support 'use repository a for module a, and repository b for module b', and we don't think it's worth writing the code to handle it.

Of course patches welcome! Lol!

Still completely unclear what you are doing. It looks like an exact clone of Free PBX. What is the road map?

phonebo.cx

Reaction score
Still completely unclear what you are doing. It looks like an exact clone of Free PBX. What is the road map?

Yes. Exactly that. As IncrediblePBX is not using FreePBX 13, we believe we can do it, but we are using FreePBX 14.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
As you said your script updates your repositories, but it doesn't update it using data from the (hidden) FreePBX repository. Your repository presumably is public as is ours so that's easy. The problem is that the FreePBX repository is not public. Translation: you have no idea what's in it so that it could be cloned, unless they've changed their M.O. recently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.