Could not reload FOP server...after GOLD install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash9999

Reaction score
this is what i get after installing a fresh PiaF 1.7 installation...

Could not reload the FOP operator panel server using the bounce_op.sh script. Configuration changes may not be reflected in the panel display.
Added 13 hours, 59 minutes ago
(freepbx.reload_fop)

Cronmanager encountered 1 Errors

The following commands failed with the listed error
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin listonline (1)
Added 14 hours, 3 minutes ago
(cron_manager.EXECFAIL)

am I the first?

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
any other instances of this error?

what happens when you do amportal restart? does the fop come up?

Did you install 1.7 13 hours and 59 minutes ago?

Tom

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
that is not what I asked. Please answer the question

after you install the gold version does the error occur more than once per install? I am unable to duplicate this error in any version of the gold install so far. Vmware/proxmox/hardware based.

Again can you get fop up at all?

Did this occur only once after you installed gold or is it occurring in the same install multiple times.

<yes I asked the same question twice in a slightly different way>
Tom

Flash9999

Reaction score
that is not what I asked. Please answer the question

after you install the gold version does the error occur more than once per install? I am unable to duplicate this error in any version of the gold install so far. Vmware/proxmox/hardware based.

Again can you get fop up at all?

Did this occur only once after you installed gold or is it occurring in the same install multiple times.

<yes I asked the same question twice in a slightly different way>
Tom

Tom,

...to answer your direct question. Yes I've installed PiaF 1.7 GOLD twice (last time 15hrs ago) and got the same error both times.

The following happens at start up and when i use amportal start_fop...

root@pbx:~ $ amportal start_fop

/var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine: line 40: [: =: unary operator expected
**** WARNING: ERROR IN CONFIGURATION ****
astrundir in '/etc/asterisk' is set to but the directory
does not exists. Attempting to create it with: 'mkdir -p '

mkdir: missing operand
Try `mkdir --help' for more information.
**** ERROR: COULD NOT CREATE ****
Attempt to execute 'mkdir -p ' failed with an exit code of 1
You must create this directory and the try again.

Flash
Semper fi

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Ok one more time

1. I don't care how many times you have installed this.

2. you need to show me a copy of the status page Included is a sample off of the development machine.

3. you need to run update-fixes. If you have not done this then who knows!

4. I have attached screen captures with detailed explanations showing that on our test machines all is well

5. If the directory /etc/asterisk does not exist then you have bigger problems than the fop panel. What is the machine you are installing it to real or virtual. How old is it? How much ram/hard drive space/etc is there?

The /etc/asterisk folder is created when the program is installed and contains a lot of the configuration files which if they do not exist it is a wonder if asterisk is running at all.

Tom

Attachments

• fop.pdf
    286.9 KB · Views: 12

jroper

Guru
Reaction score

5. If the directory /etc/asterisk does not exist then you have bigger problems than the fop panel. What is the machine you are installing it to real or virtual. How old is it? How much ram/hard drive space/etc is there?

The /etc/asterisk folder is created when the program is installed and contains a lot of the configuration files which if they do not exist it is a wonder if asterisk is running at all.

This error refers to the astrundir setting in /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf which is often set to but not always, depending on the installer:-

Code:
astrundir => /var/run/asterisk

Joe

logicheart

Reaction score
Having almost the same problem...

I am trying to install the latest PBX in a Flash 1.7.5.5 32bit Gold version, in a brand new HP ML110 G6... I have Linux RAID in two 250GB hard disks and Digium Wildcard B410p Quad BRI card...

I have done everything like update-scripts, update-source, update-fixes etc...

The first time this problem appeared was when i tried to run "passwd-ari"... The message was the following...

/var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine: line 40: [: =: unary operator expected
**** WARNING: ERROR IN CONFIGURATION ****
mkdir: missing operand
Try `mkdir --help' for more information.
**** ERROR: COULD NOT CREATE ****
Attempt to execute 'mkdir -p ' failed with an exit code of 1
You must create this directory and the try again.

I hadn't install anything at that time and i had access to Asterisk with command "asterisk -r"...

Athe mISDN driver installation, i couldn't access Asterisk, because after running command "asterisk -r" i get the following error

Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)

If i go to /var/run/asterisk/, the directory is empty...

The procedure i follow for the installation of Asterisk is well documented through single steps and it was working alright before (with the installation of PiaF 1.3)...

Can you help in this?

Thanks in advance...

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for your post LogicHeart. Can you please tell me about your system by posting a copy of the output of status.

Unfortunately when I attempt to run passwd-ari it works just fine as per the attached screen shots

These shots were taken from a real machine (instead of virtual) still no problems. I installed the gold version this am.

Tom

Attachments

• fop2c.pdf
    111.5 KB · Views: 10

logicheart

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply...

I cannot send anything right now, because i have left my workplace... I will go on Monday morning and it will be the first thing i will send...

But from the screenshot you sent in your .pdf file, i don't see anything different than what i get from my system...

Thanks again for your efforts in this issue...

aabc

Reaction score
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']For what it is worth, I just tried installing pbxinaflash1755-x86_64.iso (bronze) and experienced the same exact problems described in this thread. I installed pbxinaflash1755-x86_64.iso as an Oracle VM guest. I have numerous prior versions of pbxinaflash running in identically configured virtual machines running without incident for more than a year. I also recently installed FIAF-1.4 (64 bit) with Asterisk 1.6.2.6 and Dahdi Version 2.2.1, ran update-scripts16 and update-fixes16 to "Version 1.2.9 released on Date 042310" without any problems, in the same Oracle VM guest environment in which pbxinaflash1755-x86_64.iso failed (by failed I mean experienced behavior described in this thread).[/FONT]

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
what version of freepbx? did you upgrade past the installed version out of curiosity

Sorry until we can duplicate it on our various flavors of lab hardware and virtual machines there is not much that can be done. Funny how no one can post a copy of the status page...... or describe with some clarity exactly what type of environment they installed it to or what post installs mods were done. aabc is the first to tell me that this was on an oracle vm guest which is not one we use to test things on. The earlier versions of PIAF ran freepbx 2.5.x where the newer version runs freepbx 2.6.x Earlier someone installed it to a raid machine (which should not make any difference at all) Just finished testing it on various flavors of hardware and still no problems. What extra programs have you installed?

Tom

logicheart

Reaction score
Hello...

I am sending a screenshot of the Status page of the Asterisk machine... Please have in mind that it shows FreePBX 2.7 because i tried to make an upgrade in case that solved anything... With "out-of-the-box" FreePBX 2.6 the same happened... I am also putting the steps i took to install PiaF...

ks-sataraid
setup (for configuring network settings)
press “a” to install sources
update-scripts
update-source
update-source -> y (kernel update)
update-source -> yum update
update-source
update-scripts
update-fixes
passwd-master
reboot

Thanks in advance for your efforts...

Attachments

• Status.zip
    63 KB · Views: 5

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
because of the number of iterations you performed I recommend reinstalling it to track down the problem.

1. you should have type ksraid not ks-sataraid.
2. what exactly did you do for the setup... I see from your screenshot that your ipconnect is offline
3. You need to choose a to install gold
4. after it is installed run update-scripts
5. then run update-fixes
6. then run passwd-master
7. type status and it all should be working
8. then and only then read below.

There is no need to EVER run update-source with the gold version as it is static. It was included so user could upgrade to silver if required.

what do you need specifically in the new kernel? what specifically do you think you are gaining with yum update yet again?

A yum update is now done automatically with each install prior to installing asterisk for the first time. The exception is the kernel which does not need to be upgraded unless you have a specific need.

If you feel the burning need to be a pioneer (arrows in the back) then go ahead and run update-source and see if the problem returns. Then we have a place to start as opposed to shooting at things in the dark.

I must say this is well documented as the way support problems should be presented in our forums. BTW still not recommending upgrading to freepbx 2.7 period so don't do that until this problem goes away.

Also you could have a look thru the /var/log/update-source.log for errors prior to reinstalling. Please don't post the log here as it is too long. rather look for errors and post snippets only.

Tom

logicheart

Reaction score
Thank you for replying and helping in this issue... I give my comments below...

1. you should have type ksraid not ks-sataraid.

I wrote ksraid and not ks-sataraid... There isn't any other option anyway :) This is copied from one of my earlier guides...

2. what exactly did you do for the setup... I see from your screenshot that your ipconnect is offline

I had to put back my old PBX and the new IP the test PBX has now, it's not open in firewall... But all steps done so far were with open internet in firewall...

3. You need to choose a to install gold

I did that... After i setup network settings to gain access to internet, i rebooted and press "a" for GOLD installation...

4. after it is installed run update-scripts
5. then run update-fixes
6. then run passwd-master
7. type status and it all should be working
8. then and only then read below.

There is no need to EVER run update-source with the gold version as it is static. It was included so user could upgrade to silver if required.

what do you need specifically in the new kernel? what specifically do you think you are gaining with yum update yet again?

A yum update is now done automatically with each install prior to installing asterisk for the first time. The exception is the kernel which does not need to be upgraded unless you have a specific need.

If you feel the burning need to be a pioneer (arrows in the back) then go ahead and run update-source and see if the problem returns. Then we have a place to start as opposed to shooting at things in the dark.

I must say this is well documented as the way support problems should be presented in our forums. BTW still not recommending upgrading to freepbx 2.7 period so don't do that until this problem goes away.

Also you could have a look thru the /var/log/update-source.log for errors prior to reinstalling. Please don't post the log here as it is too long. rather look for errors and post snippets only.

Tom[/quote]

I will try all of the above with a new installation (since this is not a production PBX yet) to check for problem... I have to add that i already have a PBX built with PiaF 1.3 and FreePBX 2.7 is alright... Just for the conversation, i made the mistake to add 2.8 and everything broke (not my smartest move ever)... I managed to revert to 2.7 from backup...

emenny81

Reaction score
Im having the same issue, I've installed piaf silver, followed all instructions for incredible pbx, looks like im having this problem after installing incredible pbx.

lopaka

Reaction score
I installed gold this weekend, had the same problem. Can't load FOP server. The box is a new atom 330 mini itx with single sata HDD 250GB.

I installed fixes and updates and still had problem. I wiped and did it again, applied fixes and updates with same error.

I wiped and installed silver and still had same issues. I did a manual install of FOP2 and made all the script corrections to get this to work, but prefer the old interface. Any ideas on what is causing this? Could there be a problem with the ISO?

TIA

lopaka

logicheart

Reaction score
Hello...

I did the following...

I reinstalled everything from scratch twice and did the foolowing steps...

1) ksraid and setup Regional settings etc
2) Q
3) setup, to setup the network settings
4) a, Gold edition
5) update-scripts
6) update-fixes, i tries ARI password with a simple password and with a complicated one, in case sth wasn't OK there...
7) passwd-master
8) status, was OK

If i do amportal restart, i get the error i described above...

Also why do we need a fix for ARI passwd for FreePBX=> 2.7 since we have FreePBX 2.6?

Please ask me to send you any log you may need...

Thanks in advance for everything...

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

Also why do we need a fix for ARI passwd for FreePBX=> 2.7 since we have FreePBX 2.6?

The ARI password is hardcoded, and anyone can log on as admin with the default password, and view all the call data and listen to any recordings, so the PiaF script forces it to be changed.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.