SOLVED Configure ADAT - can't connect calls

TS-79

Reaction score
I can't get ADAT to connect calls to my desk phone.

I have downloaded ADAT and created the user in manager-custom.conf on the PBX and did an amportal restart

[adat]
secret = youwish
deny=
permit=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config
I have put these credentials into ADAT and it gave me the BLF's for the lines I monitor. However I cannot get it to place any calls. On the Extension tab I put in my extension. I could not find what to put in the context field but version 1 said to use "from-internal". I tried entering the extension sip/3000 or just 3000 but nothing seems to make it dial. It connects to the API but won't dial. I could not find any instructions anywhere for how to set this up and was hoping I might get some help here. The ability to place calls from the PC and have it ring my desk phone is very useful and it does connect to my Outlook contacts in 2013 and pulls up the phone number. It just doesn't dial it.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
PIAF 2.0.6.4
FreePBX 2.10.1.10
Asterisk 11.3.0
ADAT 0.7.13.0

TS-79

Reaction score
Thanks LGaetz. Configuring the user with all permissions using the GUI solved it. It's now working. I could not get it to work editing the manger-custom.conf but the GUI worked great.
In ADAT config I put in my extension like so: 3000 and in the contet used: from-internal

I also got the Firefox Plugin working but no plugin was installed along with ADAT that I could find for IE as stated on the download page. I'll keep looking for the IE plugin but am happy to have this working.

TS-79

Reaction score
Thanks again LGaetz - that solved the IE integration. One of those "Duh" moments. I tried hard to find a manual but nothing came up. Really appreciate the help.

I know I'm straying from the original problem a bit but do you know if there is a way to switch between the different phone numbers for each contact in Outlook. When I get the lookup from Outlook it shows only the first phone number not all of the phone numbers for a contact. It tells me how many phone numbers there are but I cannot find out how to dial the 2nd or 3rd number for the contact without cutting and pasting from Outlook. The same problem is evident in the screenshot on the ADAP webpage. It lists number: John Doe 800-123-4567 3(how many phone numbers). However no matter how I click on it, right click etc. it always just dials the main number.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.