QUESTION Cloud Production Systems

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
I've been running some production machines on RentPBX for some time now and all has been for the most part, perfect! Wondering if anyone else is using others such as Digital Ocean of Wable for production machine. Just wondering others thoughts on this?

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
ATM I'm not running a true "production" machine in the cloud, no.

I've run temporary production environments on Digital Ocean for a couple of months (in one case a fail-over instance for a small business while they swapped from old internal systems to new internal systems). I happily run a personal, home I-PBX instance on (horrors!) Cloud at Cost 24/7, and have for well over a year.

The D.O. performance was flawless for that business. The C-a-C performance is perfectly fine for my home/personal/hobby needs. I tend to use it for IAX2 connectivity when on the road so as to not have to expose my home, hardware PBX (currently running without issue 24/7 on a Dockstar). And C-a-C keeps tossing out 80% off deals. For tinkering, whats not to like about a 1-CPU/512K RAM/10G Disk "perpetual" (we'll see...) instance for a single $7 payment? I've personally never experienced any of the problems that have troubled others (other than occasional very-slow machine builds and higher-than-average-for-the-cloud downtime which I can live with given the price and my use).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.