FYI Cloud at Cost Down?

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
had an issue with ips being assigned yesterday, and a read only file system glitch this morning.

other than that mine are okay.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Mine has the read only file system about every other day.
After a reboot this morning I can't even get the panel console to connect!
Ticket opened early this AM but I'm not expecting anything

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Some of ours go into read-only mode every so often. A reboot usually fixes things... except during a fire sale. :wub:

Last edited:

Billy Johnson

Reaction score
One of my servers when I go to main webpage says forbidden. Can not ssh to it or use console from panel. Also see an error when I go to cloudatcost.com. Not online using a cache page. Oh well, you get what you pay for. Will wait a couple of days and see what happens.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
I have 3 C-a-C servers currently running, and they are all, right now, doing what they should be doing.

Billy Johnson

Reaction score
One server up the other down, 2 different data centers. Can connect even to the panel now.

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
server at address 104.233.xxx.xxx still down.
power cycles, reboots doesn't help
panel status server running but can't access through panel console, or ssh to server address, or web server
built another server 64.137.xxx.xxx good panel console, ssh to ip address good, and can access the web server at the ip address
panel access flaky at times

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
Seriously guys, you always get what you pay for, please bitch at the provider, nobody here can help, It's just bitching and whining in the wrong forum, no?

Last edited:

islandtech

Wassamassaw
Reaction score
Not asking for help
curious if others were having issues
this one server has had issues over the past year
a reboot usually corrects the issue, tech support has resolved some
and yes, I expect to get something for what I paid for

kenn10

Reaction score
I have almost never had the console work on CAC. As soon as the VM is created, I change the password and then SSH in using Putty. After you change the root password, the console screen on the panel almost never works again. Big difference in being down and just the console web page not coming up. Use Putty and you'll probably get right in. CAC is garbage and I take it for what its worth.

Billy Johnson

Reaction score
Not bitching or wining. Just reporting what is going on. 104.x.x.x is ok. The 64.x.x.x is still down. Actually shows up on the panel but cant SSH or console to it. Oh well, maybe next week. :) Just a play site anyways

Update: All is back to normal. Console, SSH ok . Had to restart httpd service

Last edited:

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Pro Tip: don't use the C-a-C-provided console. It is crap on soooooo many levels.

I use WinSCP and putty from Windoze machines. Great stuff.

(I actually very much like C-a-C FOR THE PRICE THAT I PAID FOR IT. I have a reasonably available cloud PBX; a simple web server, and a reasonably powerful box for various other hobby activities. They are normally available when I want them to be. I paid a couple of bucks for each.

Just lucky, I guess: my sh*t is actually rarely down).

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You'll keep your hair longer if you just blow away VMs that have regular problems. They are NEVER going to work properly. It costs nothing to start over.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
still getting read only here.

installed mail-in-a-box to get some monitoring going on, it's good for what I paid for it

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Heck; resources got so cheap at one point ($3.50 per 512MB RAM/1 CPU/10GB disk) that I bought more and haven't even deployed them yet. My intent was to beef up existing servers, but that of course requires destroying them and starting over because resources can't be added to an existing instance. Reluctant to nuke C-a-C servers that are actually running well. :) Rainy-day project, I guess...

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
Why bother with CaC when you can just get $10 FREE with DigitalOcean?

Last edited by a moderator:

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Why bother with CaC when you can just get $10 FREE with DigitalOcean? https://m.do.co/c/xxxxxxxx
Because, if you use a base sever, it's only "free" for the first 2 months? Because the $10 expires after a year? Because I'm not having any problems?

I have a $3.50 server that has now been running 24/7 for going on 2 years.

No dissing of DO; I use both. YMMV...

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.