QUESTION Cloud at Cost - cannot make a skinny server

SMTC

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck spinning up a 1 CPU/512Meg/15 G SSD CentOS 6.7 server on CAC?

@wardmundy shows the small server on http://nerdvittles.com/?tag=iptables and thus implies he had it working.

Mine never finish installing. Always need to give 2 CPU/1G RAM/20 G SSD to get a working console up at all.

J

mbellot

Reaction score
I have had very poor luck with CentOS and CaC. After several failed attempts to get something stable (some would fail like you describe, others would run for hours or a day before "dying") I gave up and did an Ubuntu 14 install.

It's been running 24/7 for a couple weeks.

My takeaway was that CaC and CentOS just don't play nice together, so I'm just not going to fight it. YMMV.

Perry Lawrence

Reaction score
Did you try it using server location #2? Seems that the first location has issues. #2 has less traffic.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Open a ticket with C@C and let them know. They have a distinct image for each OS/CPU/Disk config. So it sounds like that particular template is screwed up. Let them know and they'll make a new one.

SMTC

Reaction score
Definitely a consistency issue when it comes to spinning up a new CAC server and loading iPBX13-12.2. I have one CentOS 6.7 running more or less stable, but still no working CDR.

My dev/backup (and hopefully one with working CDR) I am now on my 3 wipe & reload exercise. The last two were pretty broken out of the gate. Maybe time to try again on AWS. I was stuck with no-way audio before I gave CAC a shot based on Wards Nervittles article. http://nerdvittles.com/?p=16791

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Never had luck with CentOS.

Have two 512K instances running Ubuntu, one with a conferencing server, the other running Incredible PBX/Asterisk 13. The install was slow, the terminal responds a bit slowly, but asterisk runs fine with 10 extensions.

It's my "lab" system... non-production play.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.