DEAL CloudAtCost Promos

jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
Do people that have their machines in a functioning / stable mode .... still function when they do one of these blowouts, or does it affect everyone - old and new customers alike?
Old system are working. Still waiting 48 hours on new one.

Jeff

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Old system are working. Still waiting 48 hours on new one.

Jeff

I'm waiting as well. That's really good news to know that new offerings don't hamper old existing installs.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Do people that have their machines in a functioning / stable mode .... still function when they do one of these blowouts, or does it affect everyone - old and new customers alike?

I have servers still functional, it's just creating that gets backlogged

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
I have had multiple simple Dev1-equivalent instances (1 core/512MB RAM/10GB disk) running on C-a-C since fall, 2014. They all run just fine during the fire-sales. In fact, because of all the hubub, I intentionally test them during the mayhem to see if there are problems. I've really never noticed a problem unless bandwidth C-a-C - wide is being slammed. End-user impact (calling/receiving calls using the PBX; accessing the simple webserver) seems largely unaffected. Sometimes it will be sluggish SSH-ing into the machine, but I always eventually get in using both Putty and WinSCP (the tools I usually use).

deeiche

Reaction score
still waiting, first Centos build ordered ~ 48 hours ago.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Yeah; I don't do CentOS builds. They never worked for me.

deeiche

Reaction score
I checked this morning and what do you know, the Centos build completed. Unfortunately I can't login with the root password provided by the "i" button. :( I rebooted it, nope, did a shutdown and restart still no joy. Guess I'll try a rebuild. double :(

Anyone know what virtual environment they are based on?

still waiting, first Centos build ordered ~ 48 hours ago.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Try logging in with the Console button and plug in the password there. Then you can reset it by issuing passwd command.

deeiche

Reaction score
tried console, tried ssh, none worked.

so I deleted and am back to waiting for the server to get created, again.

Try logging in with the Console button and plug in the password there. Then you can reset it by issuing passwd command.

mbellot

Reaction score
tried console, tried ssh, none worked.

so I deleted and am back to waiting for the server to get created, again.

Same here, no communication and the network test in the panel failed everything, so I deleted it and built two new ones.

Both have been stuck in "Pending" for the last 24 hours...

mbellot

Reaction score
3 days seems to be the current build rate. YMMV

Yeah, unfortunately the last one that took three days came online with zero network functionality so...

On the bright side, the one server I have had since Feb is still running without a single hiccup through it all.

deeiche

Reaction score
so, Cloudatcost is now officially a waste of my money and time.

This morning I saw it was installing, then it sat for several hours at "Sweet!! Powering on Server ..."

just got this "Server Build Failed
We are sorry but your server has failed. Please delete the server and build a new one. Sorry for the inconvenience. PLEASE DO NOT OPEN A TICKET!"

what a waste!

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score

This is why I bought it (great price) - but I'm waiting before trying to use it till the dust settles. From what others have commented, it seems to be great after it gets built properly, but getting there takes time and patience (not one of my virtues).

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
80% and 90% off coupons now are gone. TAKE70 still works. Things should start settling down in the next few days. Hang in there.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score

This morning I saw it was installing, then it sat for several hours at "Sweet!! Powering on Server ..."

just got this "Server Build Failed
We are sorry but your server has failed. Please delete the server and build a new one. Sorry for the inconvenience. PLEASE DO NOT OPEN A TICKET!"

what a waste!

@deeiche what operating system are you trying to install, my two debian servers have come up no issue

deeiche

Reaction score
@deeiche what operating system are you trying to install, my two debian servers have come up no issue

The first two attempts were Centos 6 64-bit. First with the initial 1 CPU, 512M RAM and 10G storage, then second was 4 CPU, 2G RAM and 40G storage. After yesterday's failure I created 3 different systems as follows:

Ubuntu 64-bit 1 CPU, 512M RAM and 10G storage
Debian 64-bit 1 CPU, 512M RAM and 10G storage
CentOS 64-bit 2 CPU, 1G RAM and 20G storage

Builds "Pending"

One thing I have learned is you can use the API to check status without logging into Cloudatcost,
https://panel.cloudatcost.com/api/v1/listservers.php?key=KEY-VALUE&[email protected]
This gives you IP address and root password before system is created.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.