FOOD FOR THOUGHT Click to Call with Joomla

unsichtbarre

Reaction score
I found an extension (module) for Joomla websites which is potentially very useful: enter a phone number and click-to-call.
The module requires the following modifications to /etx/asterisk/manager.conf
Code:
; At the end of the file you can add the following line:
 [yourUserName]
secret =  yourPassword
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=yourWebServerIP/255.255.255.255       
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config
write =  system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config
Then entry of the following variables in the website:
Asterisk Host/IP: Here you should type your Asterisk Ip or host name. (If Joomla is installed in the same server you can type 127.0.0.1 or locahost)
Asterisk Maner User: Type the user name you set up for the asterisk manager (/etc/asterisk/manager.conf)
Asterisk Maner Password: Type the password you set up for the asterisk manager (/etc/asterisk/manager.conf)"
Context: Specify the context to make the outgoing call from. (e.g. default)
Wait Time: Specify the amount of time you want to try calling the specified channel before hangin up
Priority: Specify the priority you wish to place on making this call.
Receiving Channel: Specify the channel (extension) you want to receive the call requests with (e.g. SIP/XXX, IAX2/XXXX, ZAP/XXXX, etc)

I am concerned with two things: It doesn't seem to work with Queues and/or Conferences and is it a huge security problem?

Thx in advance-J

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
I am concerned with two things: It doesn't seem to work with Queues and/or Conferences and is it a huge security problem?

Thx in advance-J

Hi

I'd say that the security risk is now greater, as to make a call is now as secure as your Joomla website, and you have increased your attack surface area.

Secondly, you would want to set up some dialplan that only allows certain numbers for the area you serve, e.g. you don't want a callback scam going on to premium rated numbers in ${expensive_destination_with_no_legal_comeback}

In terms of the receiving destination, you could set it up to go to inbound routes, then send the call into whatever destination you want rather than direct to an extension etc, e.g. SIP/web-c2c, in inbound routes, set up a DID with the number "web-c2c" (ignore the warning message) then send the call to your desired destination. This should solve your issue with queues and conferences.

Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.