QUESTION Cisco SPA525g2 built-in VPN (compatibility?)

fizadmin

Guru
Reaction score
Curious what VPN is supported by the built-in VPN on the Cisco SPA525g2 phones?

I tried my best Goog-Fu, and couldn't really find any compatibility information on it - obviously, I assume there would be support for Cisco's hardware (at least I'd hope to assume so), but has anyone played with that feature, and how it could be integrated into PIAF?

It would make these devices very independent and add a layer of security.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
It's Cisco Anyconnect, which is proprietary; you need their firewall gear to handle the VPN connection.

fizadmin

Guru
Reaction score
...or, OpenConnect Server.

Thanks for confirming that - found this in the course of looking around:

https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/openconnect-setup

Could be added to an OpenWRT router, and there's a request to add it to pfSense - since those are firewalls, routers, it makes sense.

Curious how likely or possible it were to add this to a PIAF installation, as this would provide direct support to use these phones as remotes.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I guess it would depend on demand and whether someone had the time to contribute the instructions? I'm not sure I don't speak for the team.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.