QUESTION Cisco SPA525G and Call Forward functionality...

fizadmin

Guru
Reaction score
I've been playing around with the Cisco (née Linksys) SPA525G2, and so far am quite happy with it. Updated my installation to FreePBX 11, but running on PIAF purple (which runs Asterisk 1.8, I believe).

When using the SPA525G2s 'Forward' function, it asks for the number to forward to, but subsequently when calling it (from internal extension, or external calls), I basically get the 'this caller is unavailable' message, and nothing gets forwarded.

Once I turn off 'Clr Fwd' using the phones softkey, things return to normal.

If I engage Forwarding using the FreePBX Feature *72, of course it works - but there is no visual indication on the phone, of course.

So, any hints, suggestions, configuration tips on how to make this work more seamlessly with these phones?

(addendum: I have a couple of Cisco 7970 phones on the same network, and enabling the Forward functionality on them yields the same results. So it seems that something isn't passed along properly)

(addendum II: I checked adding the *72 to the spa525g2s USER configuration screen (where you can insert the codes for these functions), and when entering *72, it enables Call Forward instantly upon refreshing the provisioning profile.)

fizadmin

Guru
Reaction score
So, I did a little bit of digging around, and undertook a crash course in decoding Linksys/Cisco voodoo incantations - and I might have figured out the solution to my problem.

Mind you, all this does is reprogram the Softkeys to remove the Cisco built-in functions, and replace it with new ones that use the FreePBX feature codes.

Here you go:

All of these changes are performed on the Phone itself, and then saved into the configuration settings.

Phone web portal —> Admin —> ADVANCED SETTINGS

Then

Phone web portal —> PHONE

Scroll down to PROGRAMMABLE SOFTKEYS

Copy the following content into the bolded fields:

PSK 1: fnc=sd;ext=*72@$PROXY;nme=Forward;ext2=*73@$PROXY;nme2=Clr Fwd;

Idle Key List: psk1|3;em_login;acd_login;acd_logout;astate;avail;unavail;redial;dir;dnd;lcr;pickup;gpickup;unpark;em_logout;

Off Hook Key List: psk1|4;option;redial;dir;dnd;lcr;unpark;pickup;gpickup;

Hold Key List: psk1|3;resume|1;endcall|2;newcall|3;redial;dir;cfwd;dnd;crdstart;crdstop;

Shared Active Key List: newcall|1;barge|2;psk1|3;dnd|4;crdstart;crdstop;

Shared Held Key List: resume|1;barge|2;psk1|3;dnd|4;crdstart;crdstop;

SUBMIT ALL CHANGES

Wait for the phone to cycle configuration.

Now, your FORWARD and CLR FORWARD functions should work

You can see if call forwarding is active, if the FORWARD softkey is no longer visible, but instead shows CLR FWD (Clear Forward).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.