TIPS Cisco 8800 Phones

Levi Pederson

Reaction score
All,

We have a great PBX running with I believe purple and some Cisco 7940G Phones. We're looking at upgrading our look and replacing the PBX with a newer version. I believe we're back on a 2 year old build? But that is beside the point.

My first question is I have seen forums addressing up to the 7970 and 7975 Cisco phones with SIP loads but nothing on the 8800s. Has anyone tried or had luck with using PIAF with these phones?

Thank you,

thepainter

Reaction score
I have a CP8945 working with SIP-9-2-1-00. No video. I actually prefer the 7970's. Then again I'm probably just scratching the surface of what it can do. I would actually like it to communicate with the front door camera so I could see who's at the door from the video screen.

Levi Pederson

Reaction score
Excellent information!!!

Was it a chore to get the phone registered?

Thank you,

Levi Pederson

Reaction score
I have a CP8945 working with SIP-9-2-1-00. No video. I actually prefer the 7970's. Then again I'm probably just scratching the surface of what it can do. I would actually like it to communicate with the front door camera so I could see who's at the door from the video screen.

I'm currently locating a solid download for that software. I'll keep you informed on my progress.

Thank you,

ksDevGuy

Guru
Reaction score
Running a Cisco 8841 currently as a test case. Using latest v11 firmware (free download from Cisco). All basic functionality (hold, transfer, pickup, voicemail, vmail indicator, etc.) seem to work perfectly. However, multi line registration to the same PBX seems to get chan_sip.c "digest" errors (i.e. it only remembers the last registration and thus all the registrations fail authentication do to an extension # mismatch). Going to do some SIP snooping to see if anything can be done about it.

Ultimately, there is a great site with working config's and even an Asterisk patch for Asterisk v11 that supports most all Cisco features across 6900/7900/8800/9900 series (BLF the works!). Downside, so far there the author responded it is V11 only for the moment -- however, maybe enough chiming in might encourage someone if not him to update the code for Asterisk v13? Here are the links:

SOURCE: https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-13145
DOCUMENTATION/Home Page: http://docs.acsdata.co.nz/asterisk-cisco/document-overview.shtml

Overall, really like the 8841/51/61 devices release Aug 2014 -- excellent build quality, best audio of course, great speakerphone, etc.

twofourniner

Reaction score
Running a Cisco 8841 currently as a test case. Using latest v11 firmware (free download from Cisco). All basic functionality (hold, transfer, pickup, voicemail, vmail indicator, etc.) seem to work perfectly. However, multi line registration to the same PBX seems to get chan_sip.c "digest" errors (i.e. it only remembers the last registration and thus all the registrations fail authentication do to an extension # mismatch). Going to do some SIP snooping to see if anything can be done about it.

Ultimately, there is a great site with working config's and even an Asterisk patch for Asterisk v11 that supports most all Cisco features across 6900/7900/8800/9900 series (BLF the works!). Downside, so far there the author responded it is V11 only for the moment -- however, maybe enough chiming in might encourage someone if not him to update the code for Asterisk v13? Here are the links:

SOURCE: https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-13145
DOCUMENTATION/Home Page: http://docs.acsdata.co.nz/asterisk-cisco/document-overview.shtml

Overall, really like the 8841/51/61 devices release Aug 2014 -- excellent build quality, best audio of course, great speakerphone, etc.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'm curious if you were ever able to get multi line registration working on the 8841?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.