QUESTION Cisco 79XX Presence Patch - just 1 Extension..

TristanS

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

TristanS

Reaction score
Just figured it out: Forgot to add the "subscribe"-Part in extensions_custom.conf.
=> Noticed, that user and secret are not necessary in that file only for BLF-features (necessary for which reason?).

The phones even show the correct Caller-ID when picking up or transfering a call.
Contrary to every other phone I had to set "send_rpid" to "RPID", not "PAI".

For some reason the settings in sip_custom.conf are sometimes ignored, had to do the changes in the freepbx-GUI.

BTW: I'm impressed that the ancient 7941 (from 2002 I believe) even support HD-Voice eg. G.722 codec.
The audio quality over the speaker is excellent, but the handset needs to be replaced by the wideband-version (different receiver cap).

I've just bought 15 of these for 21 € each, seems to be a bargain ;)

Amazing, that you can set up an entire PBX (16 users) for just under 400 € including the Raspberry..

Before that we've paid 150 € just for the E1-ISDN-trunk, now we are using a 10-channel SIP-trunk and 100 DDI's for 6,90 € p.m. ;)

Reaction score
Great to read that Tristan, these phones are fantastic. I'm interested to learn how you get caller ID to follow you when picking up a call, does this work when you park a call? So on my handset I can park it but on the retrieving handset it shows *85 on the display instead of the caller ID?

TristanS

Reaction score
Hi Stuart,
it took me several hours to figure out:

9t4x4qos.png

For some reason the settings in "extensions_additional_custom.conf" are ignored, usually you have to set

[<extension>]
sendrpid=yes

I had to use the GUI to set it, I blame FreePBX for that..

Every other phone requires

[<extension>]
sendrpid=pai
I don't know why the Cisco's need RPID (SIP-header?).

Despite their age the 79XX are great phones, but for me the OpenStage are easier to handle ;)
No additional settings necessary for BLF, pickup, transfer, forwarding, integrated Web-Admin..

Reaction score
Thanks Tristan I just enabled sending a header on each extension on the GUI, now I get call info when I retrieve a parked call. I'm still learning about these handsets years after writing that guide!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.