SUGGESTIONS Cisco 7970 Treasure Trove

walker_jr

Reaction score
On BLF, I just mean that when I pick up a line, any other phones registered to the same extension show the line in use (ie the line button goes red).

My config files are in my long post on how I configured my setup, a few pages back.

nextbgates95

Reaction score
On BLF, I just mean that when I pick up a line, any other phones registered to the same extension show the line in use (ie the line button goes red).

My config files are in my long post on how I configured my setup, a few pages back.

How exactly did you get that to work? I tried looking at the config files, but I don't understand exactly how it works. I have two phones, a 7941 and the Cisco IP Communicator, both running with chan_sccp. I've set both extensions to speed dial on the other phone, but BLF just will not work.

What about shared line appearance? Is there any way of making that work?

jpeterman

Reaction score
BLF on Cisco

How exactly did you get that to work? I tried looking at the config files, but I don't understand exactly how it works. I have two phones, a 7941 and the Cisco IP Communicator, both running with chan_sccp. I've set both extensions to speed dial on the other phone, but BLF just will not work.

What about shared line appearance? Is there any way of making that work?

Make your speed dial lines look like this:
speeddial = *80333,JPMAN,333
speeddial = 444,JPMAN,444

The key on the BLF is the third column. My first example is a speed dial to extension 333 that will intercom to the extension instead of ringing the extension. It will also light up when in use. The second example is a plain ring the extension and monitor its use by BLF.

Cheers!

nextbgates95

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I'll be sure to try it after I get past this more serious problem:

I had trouble with PIAF losing time. I'm running it in Virtualbox, which I know is bad practice, but I'm just evaluating it. I knew there were issues with Linux and time in VMs. I read that NTPD should keep my clock updated. NTPD comes installed by default, correct? I think that NTPD causes chan_sccp to restart. It seems that every 10 minutes my phones lose the connection. After a few seconds, they start back up with "Asterisk Connected".

Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't had any issues with bad audio quality, but should I try the vm kernel anyway?

walker_jr

Reaction score
... no help to offer, no experience with this. Sorry.

Personally I just bought a small form-factor IBM PC with a P4 in it off eBay for the local equivalent of $90 including shipping. It's probably not the most energy-efficient way to do it, but it fits in my wiring cupboard and it works great for PiAF. If it all goes horribly wrong with PiAF, there are always other things you could use it for and $90 isn't going to cause huge financial hardship, I wouldn't have thought - and for the price you're probably saving yourself a ton of time wasted chasing down random virtualisation problems.

What do you value your time at?

walker_jr

Reaction score
I get reasonably frequent random DTMF tones during calls on my SCCP phones. Does anyone have any tips to reduce this?

I already have DTMF set as out-of-band but that's not helping, since it seems the SCCP driver is detecting particular pitches of voice as tones - is there a setting to lengthen the amount of time before SCCP reckons it's a DTMF tone?

Thanks in advance.

nextbgates95

Reaction score
Does anyone have trouble with MWI on the latest version of chan_sccp_b? MWI no longer works on my 7941. I noticed the addition of the "iDivert" softkey, which is transfer to VM. When I press "iDivert", the calller gets transferred to *97, so I changed the trnsfvm to *[myextension].

I don't know if my problem is changing trnsfvm or if it is just the new version of chan_sccp_b.

walker_jr

Reaction score
When you say "latest version" of chan_sccp_b, do you mean the latest release, or the SVN?

I can't get either to work completely reliably, so I'm using a version of the SVN from about three months ago which seems to be absolutely solid. I realise this doesn't help you much. :)

nextbgates95

Reaction score
So what's new in the world of SCCP?

The project seems to have taken a turn for the better, but the new configs are weird. I'm now trying to use v3 in the trunk, but it's not working well.

Anyone else tried to use the trunk version? If so, can you help me?

walker_jr

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not having much fun with the new trunks (or SVN) of chan_sccp-b. I'm no programmer, and the latest build took a long time to get installed - I had to install autoconf.sh and update automake (even though the Makefile thought my version was sufficient) to even get it to generate the configure script. After that I had to delete a duplicate 20-30 lines in one of the source files to get it to compile (lucky it was something simple because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to fix it).

After all that it (1) doesn't show shared lines so I can't see both my incoming lines and (2) shows one extension as "temp fail" with an in-use light next to it all the time.

I have also put a lot of work into a new Atom-based PiaF box, and I am having no end of problems there. I have even tried taking the working Asterisk image from my existing PiaF box and using that, but it still has odd glitches (INIT fails every so often, chan_sccp-b has the "temp fail" issue described above, etc.). I think I'm going to have to recompile the whole lot, Asterisk, FreePBX etc and see if that helps in any way.

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not having much fun with the new trunks (or SVN) of chan_sccp-b. I'm no programmer, and the latest build took a long time to get installed - I had to install autoconf.sh and update automake (even though the Makefile thought my version was sufficient) to even get it to generate the configure script. After that I had to delete a duplicate 20-30 lines in one of the source files to get it to compile (lucky it was something simple because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to fix it).

After all that it (1) doesn't show shared lines so I can't see both my incoming lines and (2) shows one extension as "temp fail" with an in-use light next to it all the time.

I have also put a lot of work into a new Atom-based PiaF box, and I am having no end of problems there. I have even tried taking the working Asterisk image from my existing PiaF box and using that, but it still has odd glitches (INIT fails every so often, chan_sccp-b has the "temp fail" issue described above, etc.). I think I'm going to have to recompile the whole lot, Asterisk, FreePBX etc and see if that helps in any way.

let us know how that goes. Im curious about sccp and I've read your previous posts and I was happy to hear how well it worked for you.

walker_jr

Reaction score
I had to use the latest PiaF beta, but that all seems to have worked fine (recognised the Acer Aspire 3610 I'm using, the Ion chipset, etc.). I still have issues with the compilation of chan_sccp-b and so for the moment I'm using the binary from my last successful build, which was v3 791. This build even (occasionally...) shows what number each extension is dialling. I only compiled the Park function and left the rest out.

walker_jr

Reaction score
Latest chan_sccp-b SVN (which seems to be a pre-release RC1 for V3, according to the build information) works well now. You do need a new, "v3" sccp.conf though, of which there is a sample in the tarball in the conf/ directory.

walker_jr

Reaction score
I'll just keep replying to myself then. :)

Using the latest chan_sccp-b SVN requires that you install the latest packages for libtool, autoconf and automake. You can also upgrade m4 but it's not required. Just doing a yum upgrade doesn't help - the versions are old. You need to go to the websites and download the latest tarball, then extract, ./configure and make - pretty straightforward.

I'm also having issues with the Sangoma U100 - doesn't work with chan_sccp-b (lots of crackle and interference). So I've gone back to using the SPA3000s while I work through these issues with Sangoma tech support (who aren't really interested) and the chan_sccp-b guys (who seem moderately interested but I guess will rely on me to help troubleshoot).

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just happened to run across this bitmap image of PIAF for the Cisco phones. If anyone has an interest in using it, feel free.

piaf.bmp

gaijin

Guru
Reaction score
Just a quick update...

I'm running PIAF 32 bit 1.6 with *1.6 & Dahdi with only IAX & SIP Carriage & the latest Sccp SVN V3 trunk.

All is really good, however, beware of nat = yes in the default sccp.conf template, nat = on seems to mean no audio in this case :(

I have 22 sccp extensions and have converted to the new template driven V3 conf file, it makes a lot more sense. The sccp stack is incredibly stable now, I have had no seg faults as yet :)

The issues with Cisco communicator & V2 seems to be ironed out as well.

Conferencing although supported with *1.6, doesn't seem to be working yet, but it may be something I am doing wrong. I will advise.

granny

Reaction score
Having troubles installing Chan SCCP 3.1. Anyone can help out?

System info:
PBX in a Flash Version = 1.7.5.6 |
FreePBX Version = 2.8.1.4 |
Running Asterisk Version = 1.8.3.3
Asterisk Source Version = 1.8.3.3
Dahdi Source Version =2.4.1.2+2.4.1
Libpri Source Version = 1.4.11.5
IP Address = 192.168.1.102 on eth0
Operating System = CentOS release 5.6 (Final) Kernel Version = 2.6.18-238.9.1.el5 - 64 Bit
Make output:
root@pbx:~/Chan_SCCP-3.0_RC3.1 $ make
Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/Chan_SCCP-3.0_RC3.1/src'
make all-am
make[2]: Entering directory `/root/Chan_SCCP-3.0_RC3.1/src'
CC chan_sccp_la-chan_sccp.lo
In file included from common.h:86,
from chan_sccp.c:22:
sccp_pbx_wrapper.h:24: warning: ‘struct ast_rtp’ declared inside parameter list
sccp_pbx_wrapper.h:24: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
sccp_pbx_wrapper.h:25: warning: ‘struct ast_rtp’ declared inside parameter list
sccp_pbx_wrapper.h:178: warning: ‘struct ast_rtp’ declared inside parameter list
sccp_pbx_wrapper.h:179: warning: ‘struct ast_rtp’ declared inside parameter list
chan_sccp.c: In function ‘sccp_register_dialplan_functions’:
chan_sccp.c:1419: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘ast_register_application2’ from incompatible pointer type
chan_sccp.c:1420: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘ast_register_application2’ from incompatible pointer type
chan_sccp.c: In function ‘unload_module’:
chan_sccp.c:1659: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘ast_rtp_proto_unregister’
chan_sccp.c:1659: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘ast_rtp_proto_unregister’
chan_sccp.c: At top level:
sccp_pbx.h:53: warning: ‘sccp_pbx_update_connectedline’ declared ‘static’ but never defined
CC chan_sccp_la-sccp_channel.lo
In file included from common.h:86,
from sccp_channel.c:23:
sccp_pbx_wrapper.h:24: warning: ‘struct ast_rtp’ declared inside parameter list
sccp_pbx_wrapper.h:24: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
sccp_pbx_wrapper.h:25: warning: ‘struct ast_rtp’ declared inside parameter list
sccp_pbx_wrapper.h:178: warning: ‘struct ast_rtp’ declared inside parameter list
sccp_pbx_wrapper.h:179: warning: ‘struct ast_rtp’ declared inside parameter list
sccp_channel.c: In function ‘sccp_channel_startMultiMediaTransmission’:
sccp_channel.c:839: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘ast_rtp_get_us’
sccp_channel.c:839: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘ast_rtp_get_us’
sccp_channel.c: In function ‘sccp_channel_updatemediatype_locked’:
sccp_channel.c:1156: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 8 has type ‘format_t’
sccp_channel.c:1156: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 9 has type ‘format_t’
sccp_channel.c:1156: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 10 has type ‘format_t’
sccp_channel.c:1156: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 11 has type ‘format_t’
sccp_channel.c:1156: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 12 has type ‘format_t’
sccp_channel.c: In function ‘sccp_channel_transfer_ringing_thread’:
sccp_channel.c:1884: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘ast_get_channel_by_name_locked’
sccp_channel.c:1884: warning: nested extern declaration of ‘ast_get_channel_by_name_locked’
sccp_channel.c:1884: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
sccp_channel.c: In function ‘sccp_channel_park_thread’:
sccp_channel.c:2234: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘ast_park_call’ from incompatible pointer type
sccp_channel.c:2234: error: too few arguments to function ‘ast_park_call’
make[2]: *** [chan_sccp_la-sccp_channel.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/Chan_SCCP-3.0_RC3.1/src'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/Chan_SCCP-3.0_RC3.1/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
root@pbx:~/Chan_SCCP-3.0_RC3.1 $
make install is not succeeding, probably due to the errors shown here.

granny

Reaction score
Ah... I'll have to find an alternative then for my x64 server. Any suggestions compatible with SCCP?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.