Cepstral in PIAF-Red with Asterisk 10

mvoip

Reaction score
hi all,
is there any updated install script for Cepstral in PIAF Red with Asterisk 10? Online searches provided instructions only for Asterisk 1.6 and 1.8 (from Ward's http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=202 link).

any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
In all PIAF2 installs, it's built into help-pbx. If it's missing on your system, type: update-programs

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Just shaking the hornets nest here;

What if you do not want Allison? - I purchased Calie for my purple box and if I upgrade to RED - I'd like to use what I paid for. Any way to have the help-pbx menu ask for the voice file to install?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You'll need to manually install it as well as running install-cepstral and then make the voice name adjustment to /etc/asterisk/swift.conf.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Just shaking the hornets nest here;

What if you do not want Allison? - I purchased Calie for my purple box and if I upgrade to RED - I'd like to use what I paid for. Any way to have the help-pbx menu ask for the voice file to install?

Why do you say shaking the hornets nest?:eek:

You have always been a valuable contributor to our forums and not troll-like at all. So in essence you are asking for a feature request then correct?

I think the problem would only be in verifying the voice name. Currently I think we use a sed command to alter swift for the allison name from whatever the default is. Now that being said there are a few dozen voices out there I seem to remember. I really hate to put out code that "trusts" the user to enter the correct name as opposed to selecting it from a table. Bad human engineering. Also it would be one more table to keep maintained in the code and our time is stretched thin as it is.

So suggestions? We are also limited on NOT modifying the cepstral install.sh program.

Tom

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
So Mr Mundy, install-cepstrall is required first then install a 2nd voice (if we paid for a different one). Are the instructions from the Nerd Vittles article still valid for Red? I seem to remember that the one of the files required for swift to work didn't have a 1.8 version (forget which one off hand).

Mr Darmock - shaking the hornets nest means that as I request a 'feature' like this may send this of into tangent land. I have seen several threads that start as one thing and end up way off down the road. Google tts spawning the Text-to-speech Directory Assistance for example. Great work by all in general - Love my PiaF-Purple/Incredible.

Love to try Piaf2/Incredible3 but mine is hosted on a VPS (openVZ) [not RentPBX - had them and loved them but more economical for me to consolidate elsewhere]

Have a great Day

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
install-cepstral is now included in all PIAF2 builds. Should be available on RentPBX shortly. After setup, just run install-cepstral. Then install your additional voice. Then fix the config file I referenced above.

If you're on a hosted system, then you need to review the source files and scratch around for the Asterisk 10 piece to go with them.

Sorry, but one-off custom installs are what consultants are for. We have to focus on projects that help the entire PIAF community. Hope you understand.

mvoip

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply Ward. I will do that.
Thanks Ward, I had to do update-programs and update-fixes, and then the Cepstral installation went fine. Thanks for your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baata
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.