NO JOY CDR logs not showing in Incredible PBX admin panel or UCP

silox

Reaction score
Hello all,
I was recently affected by the Google Voice 'jabber TLS' issue on my OpenWRT Asterisk install which inspired me to build a new PBX. I decided to fit an SSD inside of one of my old Pogoplug Pros, install Debian on it with Linux kernel 4.1 and Incredible PBX 12 w/ Asterisk 13. I followed the instructions created by 'LeggoMyEggo' AKA 'Jay Deal' to install Incredible PBX on the Pogoplug Pro and they worked great. I also added the GV oauth2 patch and G729 without any problems as well. Things are up and running, I've successfully made plenty of incoming and outgoing calls. VERY IMPRESSIVE BTW!!!

I enabled incoming and outoing recording on my extension and I can see the recorded files on the Pogoplug Pro filesystem however nothing shows up under CDR reports. I've also installed/updated the UCP and User Management modules. After installing the modules, I created a user and associated my extension with it as well as added all of the appropriate CDR permissions. When I log into the UCP with that login I created which is associated with my extension, it doesn't show any entries either. I tried creating new entries by making some calls and still nothing in UCP nor CDR reports.

I've verified that the appropriate DB info is set in the asterisk config files (tested manually with 'mysql -u asteriskuser -p' as well as 'isql MySQL-asteriskcdrdb -v'). I also verified that the 'asteriskcdrdb' database exists, the 'asteriskuser' user has permissions to use it and it contains both the 'cdr' and 'cel' tables. Both tables are empty.

I do know that CDR records are being recorded as I've found a CSV file that contains all of the records I expect to see in the CDR reports and UCP area.

Any ideas? I've run odbc-gen.sh and tried using those generated files along with what was created at install time as well as manually modifying files (/etc/odbc.ini, /etc/odbcinst.ini, /etc/asterisk/cdr*.conf) with no luck. Below is status info from the Asterisk console:

pogopro01*CLI> cdr show status

Call Detail Record (CDR) settings
----------------------------------
Logging: Enabled
Mode: Simple
Log unanswered calls: No
Log congestion: No

* Registered Backends
-------------------
ODBC
csv
Adaptive ODBC
cdr-custom
cdr_manager (suspended)

pogopro01*CLI> odbc show all

ODBC DSN Settings
-----------------

Name: MySQL-TravMan4
DSN: MySQL-TravMan4
Last connection attempt: 1969-12-31 18:00:00

Name: MySQL-asteridex
DSN: MySQL-asteridex

Name: MySQL-asterisk
DSN: MySQL-asterisk

Name: MySQL-asteriskcdrdb
DSN: MySQL-asteriskcdrdb

Name: MySQL-avantfax
DSN: MySQL-avantfax

Name: MySQL-mysql
DSN: MySQL-mysql

Name: MySQL-performance_schema
DSN: MySQL-performance_schema

Name: MySQL-test
DSN: MySQL-test

Name: MySQL-timeclock
DSN: MySQL-timeclock

Name: MySQL-zipcodes
DSN: MySQL-zipcodes

If you need any additional info from me, please let me know and I'll be happy to oblige.

silox

Reaction score
I've made some progress since my last post. I came across a thread that helped me understand the OS and Asterisk ODBC hierarchy which I used to go through the relevant files, revise them and it now works (well, mostly). Honestly I don't know what I did differently as I feel like I already made the changes I did but who knows, I tried all kinds of variations :p

It's now logging to the 'cdr' table in the 'asteriskcdrdb' database however I'm still getting the following error in the Asterisk logs:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[2016-06-19 21:37:40] WARNING[25109]: res_odbc.c:438 ast_odbc_print_errors: SQL Execute returned an error: HY000: [MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver][mysqld-5.5.49-0+deb7u1]INSERT command denied to user 'asteriskuser'@'localhost' for table 'cdr'
[2016-06-19 21:37:40] WARNING[25109]: res_odbc.c:381 ast_odbc_prepare_and_execute: SQL Execute error -1!
[2016-06-19 21:37:40] WARNING[25109]: cdr_adaptive_odbc.c:748 odbc_log: cdr_adaptive_odbc: Insert failed on 'MySQL-asteriskcdrdb:cdr'. CDR failed: INSERT INTO public.cdr (..............

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm OK living with the error as long as it works however I wanted to mention that because I have another smaller issue that's somewhat related. I installed the new UCP interface, created the appropriate user with CDR permissions and I'm able to login to it however I don't see any call history for the extension associated with the user. I can however pull up the logs in the 'CDR Reports' section in the admin interface as well as pull up the history/recordings from the http://X.X.X.X/recordings2/ interface using the VM login (cant login with the UCP login). While it's not a huge deal since I can ultimately pull up the recordings via a decent interface which is what I wanted, the UCP is a bit prettier and seems to be the recommended route going forward. I also don't see any way to listen/download to the recorded files in the 'CDR Reports' area, only the /recordings2 area, but that may be normal behavior.

Also, is there any easy way to disable services like webmin or fail2ban in the Incredible PBX interface or does that need to be done manually via a shell? And if I do disable those services, do you know if there is any negative impact from doing so? Just trying to squeeze every last bit of resources out of the Pogoplug Pro and I don't need those services as the PBX is on a private network with no unsolicited access to it from the Internet. No need for Webmin either, been doing this a long time and prefer a shell over GUI any day for general systems administration.

silox

Reaction score
The call history logs started showing up in the UCP interface without any changes being made from me. Not sure what's up with that, but I'll take it!

The call history logs in the UCP interface however don't have any icons/buttons to click allowing you to listen to or download the recorded call like the /recordings2 interface has. The 'CDR Reports' page also doesn't have any listen/download buttons. Is that to be expected?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.