NO JOY Can't get Simplesignal(Vonage) SIP trunk to reg on AWS

joker49

Reaction score
I have followed the set up instructions. I can not get the SIP trunk from SimpleSignal (Vonage Business) to register on my PIAF on AWS.

What am I missing? I can make calls out as a sip proxy. Not registering and of course no inbound.

voip_user

Reaction score
I'm not sure, did you setup your AWS security zones to accept traffic on port 5060 from your provider?

joker49

Reaction score
I'm not sure, did you setup your AWS security zones to accept traffic on port 5060 from your provider?
Yes they are opened both tcp/udp on all IPs that could be coming from. Its failing to authenticate. Creds are right. Provider says they don't seem to be getting a proper ack. Maybe my reg string is wrong?

Albert S

Reaction score
Did you make sure your security group and network access lists are allowing the SIP traffic?
On default they should if you have not changed any settings.

Also you can allow something called FlowLogs that will show the incoming and outgoing traffic to the interface/VPC. Like packet capture on AWS side.

AWS does not do any incoming/outgoing traffic filtering other than SMTP out on new instances.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.