SOLVED cannot start amportal error below.

Ashley Drees

Reaction score
I recently built the PIAF on ubuntu, was working OK for a while and then i find that amportal is not happy... it throws...
Code:
root@pbx:/run/asterisk# amportal

Please wait...
/usr/local/sbin/amportal: line 49: [FATAL]: command not found

/var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine: line 100: [FATAL]: command not found
**** WARNING: ERROR IN CONFIGURATION ****
astrundir in '/etc/asterisk' is set to  but the directory
does not exists. Attempting to create it with: 'mkdir -p '

mkdir: missing operand
Try 'mkdir --help' for more information.
**** ERROR: COULD NOT CREATE  ****
Attempt to execute 'mkdir -p ' failed with an exit code of 1
You must create this directory and the try again.

Mysql is running, i check the DB, all seems good, the MySQL password is as it should be - the socket file is where it should be and gets deleted when MySQL is restarted... i can only surmise that something in the regular updates from Ubuntu has caused this.. /var/run/asterisk is really a link to /run/asterisk - would that make any difference - i have been looking for a solution for a few days now, but cannot find anything with quite the same issue.

Asterisk: UP Apache: UP MySQL: UP
SendMail: UP IPtables: UP SSH: UP
LAN port: UP Fail2Ban: UP Webmin: UP
RAM:149956 Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS Disk:70G
Asterisk 11.18.0 Incredible GUI 12.0.30
Private IP: x.x.x.x
Public IP: x.x.x.x
System Time: Tue Jul 28 00:09:48 BST 2015
Code:
150728  0:48:33 InnoDB: 5.5.44 started; log sequence number 1595695[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px][FONT=monospace]150728  0:48:33 [Note] Server hostname (bind-address): '127.0.0.1'; port: 3306[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px][FONT=monospace]150728  0:48:33 [Note]  - '127.0.0.1' resolves to '127.0.0.1';[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px][FONT=monospace]150728  0:48:33 [Note] Server socket created on IP: '127.0.0.1'.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px][FONT=monospace]150728  0:48:33 [Note] Event Scheduler: Loaded 0 events[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px][FONT=monospace]150728  0:48:33 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld: ready for connections.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px][FONT=monospace]Version: '5.5.44-0ubuntu0.14.04.1'  socket: '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'  port: 3306  (Ubuntu)

And of course if i try and open the GUI...
Code:
FATAL ERROR[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px][FONT=monospace]DB Error: extension not found[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px][FONT=monospace]Trace Back[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px][FONT=monospace]/var/www/html/admin/libraries/db_connect.php:71 die_freepbx()[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px][FONT=monospace]  [0]: DB Error: extension not found[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px][FONT=monospace]/var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php:91 require_once()[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px][FONT=monospace]  [0]: /var/www/html/admin/libraries/db_connect.php[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px][FONT=monospace]/etc/freepbx.conf:9 require_once()[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px][FONT=monospace]  [0]: /var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px][FONT=monospace]/var/www/html/admin/config.php:99 include_once()[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px][FONT=monospace]  [0]: /etc/freepbx.conf[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=13px][FONT=monospace]
I have tried every "fix" i can find, and though there is little point putting a stope and start + delete socket command in rc.local - i will.

It WAS working and now it is not - i am not quite sure when AMPORTAL and the GUI bit the dust as asterisk itself is working fine with the config it has.

MacNix

Guru
Reaction score
Very intersted in this - experienced an identical GUI & AMPORTAL collapse after a system reboot.. reasons unknown...

matthew

Guru
Reaction score
I've never seen this before so I'm going out on a limb here. The error says that astrundir is set to ' '. ie nothing. When mkdir tries to create it, it fails because it needs an actual dir to create. Check that parameter is set correctly. On a CentOS system, mine is set in asterisk.conf as 'astrundir => /var/run/asterisk'.

Ashley Drees

Reaction score
Thanks for the above link, i have run through the page and indeed asterisk was running as root, and indeed /var/run/asterisk was owned by root, all fixed now....

I fixed my problem by running

sudo apt-get install php5-mysql

which appeared to be uninstalled somehow - i guess through automatic cleanup

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.