SOLVED cannot register using new router

Reaction score
Using fairly old 3.11 incredible on a raspberry pi, my isp changed router and now I cannot register with sipgate.co.uk. I had port forwarded 5060/5061 and 10000 to 20000 which worked fine on the old router. Now the cli comes up timed out trying to register. The only change is router.Any tips what to look at please?

markieb

Reaction score
You've not said who the provider, or what the new router is you're using now, but look for a setting called SIP ALG or similar and if it is present in the firmware, disable it.
Did your internal IP range maybe change with the router? Check the external and Local network IP address in your UI under SETTINGS - ASTERISK SIP SETTINGS.
I may be totally wrong but nothing ventured, nothing gained :p

Reaction score
Thanks for those suggestions. I am on virgin media using super hub 3. There's no sip alg or related setting. My ip for PBX is reserved and DNS dynamic set up already. If I call the pbx it does say the number is not in service and the voice comes from my system, sipgate shows not registered still and making calls says all circuits busy.
You've not said who the provider, or what the new router is you're using now, but look for a setting called SIP ALG or similar and if it is present in the firmware, disable it.
Did your internal IP range maybe change with the router? Check the external and Local network IP address in your UI under SETTINGS - ASTERISK SIP SETTINGS.
I may be totally wrong but nothing ventured, nothing gained :p

Reaction score
Well it's fixed - unsure why, but in Asterisk SIP settings I decided to do an autoconfigure on local network given markieb's suggestion. It changed from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.0 and suddenly worked with no port forwarding enabled. Totally puzzled as 0.0 is not my network or even in its range, but it works so I'm happy :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.