AWAITING FEEDBACK Can I use aastra-scripts & isymphony 3.3 standalone?

jackrandle

Reaction score
New installed Incredible PBXIAF 12.0.7 inbound and outbound working with Zoiper.

I copied these packges from where I have them working, on FreePBX 12.0.76.2
aastra-xml-scripts-2.3.0-1.noarch
aastra-ipphone-3.2.2.2063-41.noarch

Any suggestions? I purchased commercial endpoint from schmooze and tried to install without success on test box with vanilla freepbx. It took a week to get it NOT working with my aastra setups, site1 with 3 6730i site 2 with 11 6730i. I like freepbx, but am constantly getting corrected/admonished by being confused and being in the wrong forum between schmooze,freepbx,commercial portals and feelings aside everytime I express my fondness for the way aastra-scripts works well except for the new FreePBX distros. Both of my sites still use ancient end of life freepbx and end of life isymphony2.

So now I return to PBXIAF and humbly ask for a reasonably easy way to use my aastras. My sites will require the new isymphony3.3 standalone to launch custom Gambas app on handset pickup. (still works with iSymphony2.) I should be able to handle the iSymphony issue and will update this post when I succeed.

Last edited:

jackrandle

Reaction score
I copied these packges from where I have them working, on FreePBX 12.0.76.2
aastra-xml-scripts-2.3.0-1.noarch
aastra-ipphone-3.2.2.2063-41.noarch

After uploading and installing to my test PIAF, self discovery sees server but hangs up on configuring.
Is there a package missing that is not reported as a dependency?

After setting phone to default and rediscovery I can still connect to FreePBX 12.0.76.2
but not to PIAF. Same packages.

I even tried copying the macaddress.cfg file from tftpboot where it works. Still nothing.

jay.taylor

Reaction score
jackrandle,

I too really liked the old aastra xml scripts. Some of the modules have been updated and I believe they no longer work with the older xml scripts. I think it was the park module that was updated and had issues. It's been sooo long. There are some security issues with the scripts as well. If you don't have them exposed to the Internet, you might be OK.

I'd suggest going with the currently supported modules and know that someone will address any issues that come up.

Jay

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.