Caller ID outgoing on Google Voice

fmood123

Reaction score
My outgoing caller ID on Google Voice has been going from unknown, to private caller, to my actual DID. How can I get this to stay the same on ALL calls. I want my name and DID to get displayed.

tiggerpaws

Reaction score
I get the same thing here as well, but I am not sure if it is PIAF, mods please update my database if it is out of sync, but it might be a google issue, however I am not 100% sure. Some of my buddies get "Unknown Caller" on their caller ID and some get my number, I wish also for my number to show up even if the name is just the city and state.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Google Voice does not pass through CID sent by PIAF. PIAF has nothing to do with GVoice CID, if I am understanding correctly. The PRIVATE CALLER or UNKNOWN depends on what the callee's provider is whether Verizon/Time Warner/Comcast/Frontier/Vonage etc for their own phone provider. Each end provider usually does their own dip into a database which would cause the differing results

fmood123

Reaction score
It changes even per provider

I am having this issue even with the same provider. Meaning I call someone on Frontier and it changes for them as well sometimes private caller, sometimes unknown.

Furthermore I see other people have this issue now too and it isn't just old google voice as I have the latest setup AFAIK.

Apparently Dennis opened up another thread without looking: http://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/callerid-with-google-voice.9579/?t=9579 ,but his got more action.

-Will

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dancosge
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.