Call Pickup Group Problem

gpfleging

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else has run across this problem as well so I thought I would post and see instead of continuing to :banghead::banghead: .

I have a PBIAF 1.1 system set-up with the latest fixes. An OpenVox 12 port card set up with 4 Trunks and 8 Extensions which all work no problem.

The problem I have run into is getting call pickup *8 to work from any of the other extensions. A call comes in routes through the IVR correctly and then starts ringing the correct ring group for my wife or I depending on what was picked in the IVR.

If I pick up a non-ringing phone and '*8', '*8#', or '**' then allison responds in a couple of seconds with "That feature is not available on this line".

I have checked in the Zapata.conf file and these two lines are present
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1

I have tried adding them to each of the channels in the zapata-channels.conf file and that didn't make any difference. The lines in the file look like:
;;; line="5 OPVXA1200/0/4"
signalling=fxo_ks
callerid="Channel 5" <6005>
mailbox=6005
group=5
context=from-internal
channel => 5
callerid=
mailbox=
group=
context=default
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1

Not sure if anyone else has CallPickup working across Zap channels with Ring Groups or not, but I thought I would give it a shot.

Any thoughts would be appreciated...
gpfleging

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
is this feature enabled in /etc/asterisk/features.comf?

Joe

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The code to insert in /etc/asterisk/features.conf for Call Pickup is...

pickupexten => *8

Then amportal restart. Works like a champ!

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
That feature is not available on this line.

I have been using the ** to pick up a ringing line. It's not working now. I think its the same thing we are talking about here. When I look in /etc/asterisk/features.conf, I see nothing but lines referencing other conf files. On one of them, (features_featuremap_additional.conf) has the following:

blindxfer=##
atxfer=*2
automon=*1
disconnect=**

(At this time, I'm guessing that these defaults come from a php script someplace?)

In this file, I have tried changing disconnect** to pickupexten=** - no change.

I tried adding pickupexten => ** to features.conf, and features_featuremap_custom and features_featuremap_additional.

"That feature is not available on this line."

What I really would like to do is restore the default behavior of **, according to the Feature Code Admin page, and get caller pickup working again.

I agree: :banghead: I'm stuck - I'm not sure why it worked before, and I'm not sure why it isn't now. I also cant find the full list of feature codes in any of the conf files, as I expected to. Yet, even though they aren't listed, they seem to be working. Excepting of course, caller pickup.

Tony

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

Things seem to have changed a little in FreePBX version 2.4

The feature codes for call pickup seem to be now under the GUI in the feature codes section.

If you are manually change features.conf (or it's linked files) are you remembering to issue a reload on Asterisk.

Joe

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
Caller Pickup - Missing Context?

I am doing an amportal restart. I thought that restarted asterisk also - am I incorrect? :eek:

More research: in extentions_additional.conf, there is this:

[app-pickup]
include => app-pickup-custom
exten => _**.,1,Noop(Attempt to Pickup ${EXTEN:2} by ${CALLERID(num)})
exten => _**.,n,Pickup(${EXTEN:2})
; end of [app-pickup]

I have found that this is created by the features code page in FreePBX 2.4. When I change the ** to something else in the feature code page, it is reflected here in app-pickup.

The second line is bugging me however -
include => app-pickup-custom
Because I cant find that context anywhere in any conf file in the system. I'm thinking it should be there, and this may be why call pickup is failing for us?

Does anyone else have the context called app-pickup-custom? Can you tell me where it is located, and what its contents are?

I am wondering if the way this system arrived at FreePBX 2.4 may have something to do with it. Specifically, these systems were scratch installed pbxiaf, and then immediately a source update, followed by a tar upgrade to FreePBX 2.4. While there are no errors, I'm wondering if this
app-pickup-custom context might not get installed with that paticular build up method.

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
Resolved: Directed Call Pickup not working

Ok, here some terms I learned. Group call pickup and directed call pickup

Group caller pickup will allow you, by using a feature code, to pick up whatever phone is ringing, provided that phone is in your pickup group. You don't do anything but enter the feature code, and whatever phone is ringing in your group, you will answer. For example, you hear a phone ringing on the desk on someone in your pickup group. You hit *8, and whatever phone it is, you get to answer it.

Directed caller pickup allows you to answer a specific extension - unrelated to any group affiliation. (This is used by folks with Grandstreams (for example) that have BLF indicating buttons than when pushed automatically send the **EXT needed by this feature code (When set as default.) For example, you hear (or see via BLF) your bosses telephone ringing, but he is away from his desk, and its your job to cover (answer) ONLY his phone. You hit **EXT, and you answer THAT specific phone.

This fix is for Directed Caller Pickup.

Looks like I guessed correctly when I said app-pickup-custom context was missing.

This explains it:
http://freepbx.org/trac/ticket/2510

This confirms it:
http://www.trixbox.org/forums/trixb...does-anyone-have-directed-call-pickup-working

This fixes it:

Add the following lines to the bottom of extensions_override_freepbx.conf :

[app-pickup-custom]
exten => _**.,3,Pickup(${EXTEN:2}@from-did-direct)

And then restart Asterisk. (I did amportal restart)

If you change the ** Feature code (Directed call pickup - its different than Group pickup!), make sure you change it in this context as well.

Please let me know how this works for you - :D

sims

Reaction score
The code to insert in /etc/asterisk/features.conf for Call Pickup is...

pickupexten => *8

Then amportal restart. Works like a champ!

i think i am facing the same challenge. not being able to pickup call from the other extension. got two extensions in my house.

** does not work. and *8 does not work either. looks like i have reached the solution in this thread.

however, before i go about changing .conf files that i do not understand, i wanted to ask again if there is (now) a solution for this using freepbx interface?

alex_tel

Reaction score
I got this working but still can't figure out the Group pickup.

That feature is still not working. I used to be able to dial **GROUP# and that would answer the call but now it doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

Thanks...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.