SOLVED Brand new install shows Asterisk and Fail2Ban down

markiper

Reaction score
Not sure if the error I am seeing is similar to what @Dave L already reported on a previous post:

http://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/fresh-install-fails-asterisk-will-not-compile.19770/

I am trying to bring up a new virtual server using the latest IncrediblePBX image (.iso); although the installation seems to complete, the status for the server show Asterisk and Fail2Ban as down. I have tried multiple times (4 times already) with older images and one downloaded today, same issue every time.

If I use the Virtualbox imported machine (.ova), then everything seems to work, with the exception of Asterisk complaining that there are a number of modules that are not signed (is this supposed to happen?)

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

markiper

Reaction score
@wardmundy; is this LINK, the latest .iso file for IncrediblePBX? I have been following the post from @Dave L to see if my problem is the sme as what he reported (seems like it); so I will like to try the latest .iso. If the link is not the correct one, do you mind posting the correct download link here?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@markiper Our ISO design does not require a new ISO when changes are made in the Incredible PBX installer. All the ISO does is install the base operating system and then it downloads and runs the latest installer. So... you don't have to update the ISO unless we move to an entirely new OS platform. Just run the existing ISO on a fresh platform and you should be good to go. Asterisk 13.10 threw us a curve ball with some changes in the Asterisk PJsip implementation that broke compatibility with earlier PJsip releases. We've now addressed that by switching to the version of PJsip that is now an integral component in Asterisk 13.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.