Bleeding Edge Gtalk/CDR Patches

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
For those of you that understand the risks ONLY (see warning below), here's how to implement the new Asterisk 1.8.2 Gtalk SVN patch and eliminate the callback drill for outbound calls. It works for me. YMMV!!!

It ASSUMES you already have a working Incredible PBX 1.8 system. If not, DO NOT PROCEED! This will work with PIAF-Purple running Asterisk 1.8.0 or 1.8.1.

Step 1. Log into your server as root and...

cd /usr/src
svn checkout http://svn.asterisk.org/svn/asterisk/branches/1.8 chan_gtalk.c
cd chan_gtalk.c/channels
cp chan_gtalk.c /usr/src/asterisk/channels/.
cd /usr/src/asterisk
amportal stop
make
make install
cd /usr/src/asterisk-flite
make
make install
amportal start

Step 2. Log into FreePBX with a web browser and...

Setup, Outbound Routes, Default

Change the Trunk Sequence

to: gvoice

Step 3. Repeat Step #2 for GoogleVoice and TollFree outbound routes.

Submit Changes and Reload Your Dialplan.

Enjoy your new outbound calls without the callback hassle by dialing any 10-digit number in U.S./Canada.

Report problems here.

NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE

:beta1b::dotsb::beta1b:

Be advised that the PIAF Dev Team classifies PIAF-Purple and Asterisk 1.8 as E-X-P-E-R-I-M-E-N-T-A-L. Remember the Pioneers! If you have a low threshold for pain, if you depend upon your PBX to actually make and receive phone calls, or if you understand the WAF and prefer sleeping with both eyes closed, abort this install now and choose PIAF-Gold, PIAF-Silver, or PIAF-Bronze. Otherwise, enjoy the ride!

pioneer.jpg

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
WARNING: Do NOT apply cdr.c patch at the same time, or you'll have problems with menuselect.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
CDR Patch

There is a potential crash issue with CDR in Asterisk 1.8.x. I had luck pulling the new code out of the same SVN above after first installing the new gtalk module. Just don't do both fixes in one pass or menuselect gets all fouled up. Ask me how I know. :crazy: Here's what worked for me separately and after applying the fix above:

cd /usr/src/chan_gtalk.c/main
cp cdr.c /usr/src/asterisk/main/.
cd /usr/src/asterisk
amportal stop
make
make install
cd /usr/src/asterisk-flite
make
make install
amportal start

Reaction score
I'm so glad I waited on updating my 1.8 system, this fixed worked perfectly. My existing multi-trunk Google Voice system inbound/outbound calling worked right away after applying this fix. I had licensed allison's voice and dreaded rebuilding from scratch.

I see it re-installs flite, should I also reinstall swift as well? It seems to be working fine.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The latest Incredible PBX build incorporates all of our adventures this past week including the new gtalk and CDR patches for Asterisk 1.8.0 or 1.8.1. Thus, outbound calls are connected directly with no callback. The old callback option still is there just in case.

If you're up for the challenge, install a new PIAF-Purple and then...

cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblepbx18b.x
chmod +x incrediblepbx18b.x
./incrediblepbx18b.x

Be advised that the PIAF Dev Team classifies PIAF-Purple and Asterisk 1.8 as E-X-P-E-R-I-M-E-N-T-A-L. Remember the Pioneers! If you have a low threshold for pain, if you depend upon your PBX to actually make and receive phone calls, or if you understand the WAF and prefer sleeping with both eyes closed, abort this install now and choose PIAF-Gold, PIAF-Silver, or PIAF-Bronze. Otherwise, enjoy the ride!

pioneer.jpg

Quickstrike

Reaction score
So.. without callback, the outgoing calls can go out quicker [one less step in the process]? Saves a couple of seconds on average?

Thanks.

yozh

Reaction score
The latest Incredible PBX build incorporates all of our adventures this past week including the new gtalk and CDR patches for Asterisk 1.8.0 or 1.8.1. Thus, outbound calls are connected directly with no callback. The old callback option still is there just in case.

If you're up for the challenge, install a new PIAF-Purple and then...

pioneer.jpg

Done and DOne works great!

dbaum

Guru
Reaction score
Ward, which Purple PIAF is required to implement the 18b. Is there a path for those of us at 1.7.5.5.1 to 1.8?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You'll really need to start with 1.7.5.5.3 or 1.7.5.5.4. The reason is we moved a considerable amount of the Incredible PBX plumbing into PIAF-Purple in 1.7.5.5.3. So running the new beta install of Incredible PBX wouldn't pick up all the necessary code to get everything working.

dbaum

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks Ward. Maybe purple should have been "red" as in "bleeding" edge :)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
It's all Just a Bad...

[youtube]N6O2ncUKvlg[/youtube]

isaacl

Reaction score
Any ETA on Asterisk 1.8.2?
I took a look at their site, but didn't see anything...
Just trying to decide if should be waiting until that comes out to set up my box...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Serenity Now

Coming Monday: PIAF-Purple with patched Asterisk 1.8.1 for flawless Google Talk connections and crash-free CDR performance! No need to wait for 1.8.2 IMHO. :wink5:

stuck

Reaction score
I just did a new install of Purple again today using 1.7.5.5.4 iso and the incrediblepbx18b.x but still at 1.8.0

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
stuck,

You can't read Ward's message?

Coming Monday December 13, 2010 at time no later than 23:59 Eastern Standard Time.
(it should be out before that but you never know) (Also I put the time in for clarity)

PIAF purple 1.8.1 with gtalk and cdr patches in effect.

The current version is STILL 1.8.0!!!! This is because it is not monday yet here on the east coast of the united states. BTW when it becomes monday here on the east coast in about 1.5 hours the new version will still not be out! You will have to wait at least another 24 hours. I hope this is clear enough now.

BE PATIENT! I just finished my testing and Ward is still busy with his testing. Some of our elves are also testing it currently. Once this is all done then it will be time to "RELEASE THE HOUNDS" till then just wait.

I suppose we should just not tell you guys a time for a release......

Tom

stuck

Reaction score
Tom,
please relax, I read the whole post.
As it is not completely clear to me what the current payload is. I was under the impression that the new payload would bring it up to 1.8.1 if that is not the case and there is no reason to update upto 1.8.1 then it would be sufficient to say that. There's no need to make your own assumptions about my ability to READ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex_Spiridonov
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.