GO HERE Blacklist Sources

dbaum

Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone found a service whereby one can obtain listings of known Robo-callers and Telemarketers that can be imported (even with some manipulation) into PIAF (via Asterisk function)?

dbaum

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks Ward. I guess my search of old posts was not successful for some reason.

Reaction score
I think the calls are too random for this (blacklists) to ever be as effective as we'd like. Homes can use a whitelist and a challenge or PIN arrangement.

The problem is truly epidemic at this point. I think some calls are being made just to determine if a person answers, it's logged and used to generate call lists for later surveys.
Email systems assume that spam from a particular sender or IP only tries one and moves on. You could do the same with an incoming call. To get through the caller would have to call you twice within some short time frame to be able to get through. A recording could even instruct them to do so. A robo caller even if they heard the instruction wouldn't be able to call back right away since it's all automated.

Another idea is to have an IVR voice a number that changes each time and requires the user to enter it before completing the call

Last edited:

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
As I posted in the thread given above:-

Then the context you can send calls to:-

[from-nanp-trunks-susceptible-to-being-on-the-fcc-list]
exten => _X.,1,Set(CALLERID(number)=${CALLERID(number):-10})
same => n,Set(VALUE=${DB(blacklist/${CALLERID(num)})})
same => n,Set(LEVEL=${CUT(VALUE,-,2)})
same => n,gotoif($["${LEVEL}" = ""]?from-pstn,${EXTEN},1)
same => n,Playback(custom/fccsorry)
same => n,SayDigits(${CALLERID(num)})
same => n,Playback(custom/fccisblacklisted)
same => n,Set(PASSCODE=${RAND(100,999)})
same => n,SayNumber(${level})
same => n,Playback(custom/fccruhuman)
same => n,SayDigits(${PASSCODE}
same => n,PlayBack(custom/fccafterbeep)
same => n,read(HUMAN,beep,3,,,5)
same => n,gotoif($["${HUMAN}" = "${PASSCODE}" ]?voicemail:hangup)
same => n(voicemail),PlayBack(custom/fccconfirmedcode)
same => n,Voicemail(3101,s) ; WHERE 3101 is the the voicemail box of your sentient adult in charge
same => n(hangup),hangup

You get to record the custom/fcc*prompts, maybe something like

fccsorry: . . . . . .We are sorry, but your callerID . . .
fccisblacklisted: is on the fcc blacklist of robocallers and spammers for a count of
fccruhuman: To prove you are a human please dial
fccafterbeep: After the beep.
fccconfirmcode: Thank you. Please leave a message after the beep, include your phone number,
who you are and what your call is about.

It kinda does a reality check on the caller and yet allows improperly blacklisted numbers to get a message through, just add the wronged number to your whitelist and leave the spam level at 1.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If we go the "press N to be connected" where N is a random number, do we really need a blacklist? We could use a whitelist to avoid the prompt entirely. Sounds like a good project for Nerd Vittles.

dicko

Still learning but earning
Reaction score
If you read the code, being on the whitelist avoids the prompt. I would override the blacklist code to move numbers between black and whitelist as appropriate (and without the fcc tag for permanence which my code looks for)

There is a case mismatch of a variable (LEVEL and ${level}, use ${LEVEL} ) in my post that breaks it a little bit in asterisk 12+ which became case aware.

Last edited:

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Also keep in mind CID Superfecta has lookup options for several spam call lists.

OTA

Guru
Reaction score
+1 for CID Superfecta. It's worked quite well for us.

Also, if you can get away with it, install Hello It's Lenny. Telemarketers only seem to deal with that one once and never call back.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.