R.I.P. Biz Opportunity: John Mullinix Accts

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just got word last night that our good friend, John Mullinix has died of an apparent heart attack. In addition to being an early participant in the PIAF Forum (@jmullinix), John was one of the founding members of the Atlanta Asterisk Users Group and put together many of their terrific summer training programs at Georgia Tech. He was the founder of Cohutta Business Systems in Northern Georgia and will be remembered as one of a handful of the Goto Guys we all leaned on when you had one of those unsolvable Asterisk issues.

R.I.P., John. We'll miss you!

CjXzWP7UgAAN7DP.jpg

kenn10

Reaction score
A sad loss for the community and for Georgia. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

crobusa

Reaction score
I worked with him for several years, and knew him to be a awesome friend and fellow geek.
His contributions back to the community have saved me and others countless hours of configuring phones.
Best wishes to his family.

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
I worked with John for many years on the Atlanta Asterisk users group and often enjoyed talking with him, sometimes business and sometimes public safety and sometimes just family and stuff, but I always hung up thinking that I just learned something. John's DUNDI introduction and Local Calling rule builder were two of the many tools and skills he shared freely with anyone how asked and examples of how much he gave back to the community.

My deepest condolences to Janet and John's extended family, I will miss greatly my talks with him.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
One of John’s friends reached out for help. I will forward his message below.

Hello, My name is Bill Rau and some of you may remember me from when we used to meet at Cebyond, I was always there with my employer John Mullinix, big guy often with a hover round chair or cane. John recently died and many of his phone customers are asking me who they can contact for help with their Asterisk phone systems. If any of you are interested in helping, probably mostly remotely, please send me an email at [email protected] with any contact info I can give to our customers. John was the Asterisk guy and I was his electronics/computer technician, my degree is in electronics engineering, I am starting my own computer service business "Cohutta Bill" but will not be doing phone systems since they are not my forte. Again anyone who does not mind giving me their contact info to pass on to my customers I would appreciate it. –Bill Rau

voip_user

Reaction score
One of John’s friends reached out for help. I will forward his message below.

Hello, My name is Bill Rau and some of you may remember me from when we used to meet at Cebyond, I was always there with my employer John Mullinix, big guy often with a hover round chair or cane. John recently died and many of his phone customers are asking me who they can contact for help with their Asterisk phone systems. If any of you are interested in helping, probably mostly remotely, please send me an email at [email protected] with any contact info I can give to our customers. John was the Asterisk guy and I was his electronics/computer technician, my degree is in electronics engineering, I am starting my own computer service business "Cohutta Bill" but will not be doing phone systems since they are not my forte. Again anyone who does not mind giving me their contact info to pass on to my customers I would appreciate it. –Bill Rau

I sent Bill an email, I hope I hear back from him.

Thanks Ward

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.