QUESTION Backup / Restore preparations

dbdataplus

Reaction score
Before I restore a full backup to another system I want to be able to "scrub" the target system. In other words, like most backup utilities, TAR is an additive process - if directory "x" already exists it adds/replaces files on tape(flashdrive/folder) to folder "x" but it leaves what is already there, so if the target system had previously been configured there can be flotsam and jetsam in the result.

The first most obvious would be any sound files /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom
and then I thought about voicemails /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail
But then I remembered the OSS endpoint manager: A template modified is stored in some sort of data base but and original file is retained as a text file. Which led me to extensions themselves and then possibly a lot of other considerations

So what I was wondering is if anyone had developed a comprehensive list of files and/or directories on the target system that should be removed so that a restore of a full backup creates a duplicate of the original?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.